Sign in to follow this  
mackintosh

We need a manual :)

Finally managed to download it...at the 60th something attempt, but anyway... :)Guys, make the manual a priority, cause even though I've flown on DF, PIC and PSS birds, I can't quite crack this baby. VNAV works fine in climb and cruise, but doesn't descend, had to do it manually, when testing autoland, as soon as I enabled APPR mode, the plane nosedived and crashed, I'm sure there are this panel-specific issues that I'm not aware of, so a manual would really come in handy :) Also, where to put SIDS/STARs and how to import flightplans (if that's even possible, for the love of God please say it is :)) info would be useful.Other than that, the performance is pretty good, although the VC is quite a resource hog, thanks for the non-VC option, I don't like them anyway :)

Not to forget,... where do we install the downloaded AIRAC Cycle 0304 ?? I presume the path is not suposed to be "FS2002FMCWPNavdata" ??Regards,Steinar Thom

Guest Marc Harrington

Install the AIRAC cycle in the default installation path specified if you use the 767PIC data. The path should be FS2002/FMCWP.

Guest Marc Harrington

Mack-you should try the VC with cabin! ;-)The manuals have been written and contain over 150 pages of information. Just give us some time to edit and compile them into PDF format.We really appreciate your patience.

Ah, I see. So, this dead link I got in my "Start->Programs->PMDG Simulations->PMDG 737NG Software Documentation" will be released and that with an installer? Ah, I see the dead link is pointing to c:programs (c:programme -- for german OS) but what about if C is not my OS system partition? mine is "D" and I would rather not use C as the default. Could you make it posible that customers may change manualy the drive where the manual or anything else will be installed to while in the installation process?Thanx a bunch!

Guest Marc Harrington

This is actually an installer error, as the documentation is not located in the programs folder.You can find here - FS2002/PMDG/737TNG/Doc_source/index.htmCheers!

No worries mate, I do realise the difficulty of getting everything organised, especially given the number of people hammering trying to get their hands on this bird, hence I'm having a good laugh about it, nothing else, definitely no hard feelings :)My second and third flights went off without a hitch, however I think I've narrowed down the culprit and you might want to have a look at it. It seems the panel has trouble "catching up" when the sim is run at higher speeds, hence the FMC miscalculated the T/D and I overshot it by miles. The workaround seems to be to come out of 4x or 2x at least 50nm from the T/D point. Maybe it's just my config specific though, so I guess we'll see after everyone has a shot at it. Or maybe we're not supposed to run it in accellerated mode and I just never read about it :)

Dear Mack,The team responsible for the auto flight systems (lots of them) have strived to produce an accurate as possible model for the 737NG as it actually flies in the REAL WORLD. We spent an enormous amount of time fine tuning everything, given professional assistance from real 737 drivers. Given the fact that this product will be used in lets-have-some-fun-what-the heck fashion (I am all for it btw) the model will allow 2x, 4x speeds, however, dont expect 0.001 degress accuracy in heading/track holds etc in 4x mode. Either, one designs the proper system as in real world or one designs a catch-all "something" that turns out pretty mediocre in all areas. We chose the first approach because in the end it is much more challenging and from the customer respect point of view real value for money. Hope you enjoy it mate :)Regards,Vangelis======================================= E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=======================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Guest BMarcoux

Will it be poss. to have a seperate link to the manual for those of us with very slow printers at home? Would love to download and print the manual at work. Thks.Brad

Look for fineprint and you've got a nice conversion to PDF fast and easy :-)Andr

André