Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

Problem with Autoland/ Autopilot APP mode

hi,I'm having this really, really annoying problem with the panel not detecting and ILS or something, it happens at all airports. I tried tuning both nav radios to the ILS frequency and nothing happens The ILS signal isint being picked up by the airplane... I tried pressing the LOC/Vor button so it'll pick up the LOC and then wait for the GS to be alive but it never happens. If I press the APP button the airplane just dives straight into the ground. I tried the same approach with one of the default jets and it detects and follows the ILS just fine so I don't know what the problem is. Heres a screenshot of the problem as you can see it isint picking up the ILS and it gives me this error "EFIS mode and NAV Frequency disagree" ( in yellow letters) even though the frequency IS the correct ILS frequency. BTW you can see I'm on the glide slope in the screenshot but I did that all by hand without ILS because it isint working. I dont think its a bug as ive seen no complaints of this, so I am hoping someone will show me how to do an autoland with this plane. Andrewhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20907.jpg

Can you please esablish yourself at 3000' AGL on a correct int heading for this particular ILS, tune both Navs like you have done, LOC /GS once established showing on the PFD hit APP and ARM second CMD A/P and see if that helps ;).EDIT: The EFIS message is correct for the display *mode* you chose in your example.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

hi,hmmmm.....that dosent work for some reason, Its like the Nav reicevers arent reiceving the ILS signal so when I tune the Nav radios to the ILS frequency its like I've tuned to a dead frequency so I never recieve the ILS signal and thus never get established on the ILS even if I'm well below 3000Andrew

Can you show me please like a screen shot like above with you at 10 miles inbound @ 3000' AGL with your FMC and radio stack open? Double check you MCP switches too.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

hi,Ok thanks it should be a couple minutes while I try doing that again :-) Andrew

Ok, here I am coming into KBOS ILS runway 4R, I have Navs both tuned to 110.3 showing distance on my PFD (uppper left) I hit the APP button which when captured, the light will GO OUT meaning ACTIVE, then I selected the second A/P CMD and down I come. http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20920.jpg[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest ba747heavy

I thought this issue with the NAV recievers being obstinate was related to the fact that the avionics switch was off in the plane previously loaded before the 737NG.

Well Fred that sure could be! I have about 10000 things going through my head right now so thanks for the reminder![h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest ba747heavy

Randy --:) I looked at this post 5 or 6 times trying to figure it out....and then that dawned on me ;-)

hi,Well, I tried not starting up with my saved flight which starts up dark and cold and to just start with the 737 already up and running and It worked :-) The problem apperently WAS that the avionics switch in the previous aircraft had been switched off. I made my "dark and cold" saved flight off of a cessna. Meaning instead of just loading the pmdg 737 and shutting down all the buttons I used a cessna shut everything down in it (including the avionics switch), switched over to the pmdg 737 and saved the flight and all this time Ive been using that saved flight. I guess it's time to make a new "dark and cold" saved flight to insure this never happens again. :D Thanks a lot guys!!AndrewEdit: I took this shot early on by I did end up establishing on the ILS and had the first succesful autolanding with this plane. Hopefully the weather will stay nice when I fly so I wont have to use the autoland function often.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20923.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

Glad to hear it! My 'cold and dark' situation is the default Cessna with with magnetos 'off' and the master and that other switch(can't remember what it is called......) off. Avionics switch on. That should work for ya :D

Could anyone pls explain to me how they got the ILS information into the FMC. To clarify the question : I tried something very simple, EHAM-EBBR. origin eham dep rw 24 dest ebbr app 25L. Just two wpts inbetween (lekko,bun). Now I can get both lekko and bun in my fmc and even RW25L appears as last wpt when I select it in the ebbr arrival-page but no ILS info. I'm still trying to perform an autoland and looking at your screenshots it looks like my FMC is just set up wrong????TnxWillem

It's all magic I tell ya! hehe, try hitting the INT REF page ENROUTE ;)[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest ilh

Is it not possible to have your panel (one of your gauges) turn on any avionics it needs rather than force users to set up the avionics switch before selecting your aircraft?It would seem like making assumptions about the state of FS is rather precarious and leads to hard-to-debug situations like this.Just a suggestion...Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Randy,Shouldn't you be outside enjoying the fireworks instead of making fun of my stupidity ;-) ;-) ;-)Great, it works like a charm,Darn why didn't I think of that myself ;-(TnxWillem