Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Couple Of Flight Screenshots

The great ending to my flight KBFI-KLAX ILS runway 24R. Other than having to go lvl chg from T/D (Transition had a waypoint restriction of 12'000 and we know about that and vnav ;( ) the bird flew beautifully. http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/21208.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/21209.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/21210.jpg[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest Ian_Bowden

Lovely!Ian

Hi, I have a question.On final you have auto throttle activated, controlling airspeed.On touchdown, switch to landing view still with autothrottle engaged...Is there anyway to switch off the autothrottle from the landing view to be able to flare and land?Regards,Alejandro Velascohttp://chaquetines.com

There should be a way to key map it to a joystick, let me look into it, Most of the time I will turn off the A/P @ 800' if the weather is nice ;) and you can see enough of the arm button from the approach panel to turn it off before switching to the landing panel.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest Lenny Zaman

randy,i thought you were also a fellow "manual" jockey?I fly the plane manually from 10k down. Of course, if weather permits.I really like how the AFDS manages to mark the centreline everytime but i get a kick out of doing it myself.So in conclusion: i don't have the problem.And appearantly my A/T switches off on touchdown. Also triggers my spoilers to deploy and my finger to press F2 for reverse.And why dont i use the landing panel?i think it's because it doesn't matter, when i'm flying on visual items(vasi/papi/t-vasi....) i look outside anyway so it doesn't matter how big the view is, i get it spot on most of the time so...I do admit that all i've been saying here goes smooth with PIC, but i'm still learning to 'grease' the PMDG :sI'll check my CBT on the autothrottle thing, but I remember PMDG 737 to be doing that.(Dual channel autoland)BTW: 'check your altimeter settings ;) whoops'Greetz

Hehehehehe. The A/T is not a problem when you engage the reversers here. I will hand fly from a certain point, too high and how will I pay attention to my beer? LOLIt's true I do it most of the time ;) but I was trying to give the guys an example here if you know what I mean.....[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Flare and TouchdownThese techniques discussed are applicable to all landings including crosswindlandings and slippery runway conditions. Unless an unexpected or sudden eventoccurs, such as windshear or collision avoidance situation, it is not appropriate touse sudden, violent or abrupt control inputs during landing. Begin with a stabilizedapproach on speed, in trim and on glide path.When the threshold passes under the airplane nose and out of sight, shift the visualsighting point to approximately 3/4 the runway length. Maintain a constantairspeed and descent rate. Initiate the flare when the main gear is approximately15 feet above the runway by increasing pitch attitude approximately 3 degrees.This will slow the rate of descent. After the flare is initiated, smoothly retard thethrust levers to idle, and make small pitch attitude adjustments to maintain thedesired descent rate to the runway. Ideally, main gear touchdown should occursimultaneously with thrust levers reaching idle. A touchdown attitude of 4 to 6degrees is normal with an airspeed of approximately VREF plus any gustcorrection. Do not trim the stabilizer during flare or after touchdown.Typically, the pitch attitude will increase slightly during the actual landing, butavoid over-rotating. Do not increase the pitch attitude after touchdown; this couldlead to a tail strike. The Landing Flare Profile (Figure 4-12) shows a normalapproach and touchdown.Shifting the visual sighting point down the runway assists in controlling the pitchattitude during the flare. A smooth power reduction to idle also assists incontrolling the natural nose down pitch change associated with thrust reduction.Hold sufficient back pressure on the control column to keep the pitch attitudeconstant.Avoid rapid control column movements or trimming during the flare to avoidincreasing the pitch attitude after touchdown. Such actions are likely to causepitch to increase at touchdown and increase the potential for a tailstrike. Do notallow the airplane to float. Fly the airplane onto the runway and accomplish thelanding roll procedure. Do not attempt to extend the flare by increasing pitchattitude in an attempt to achieve a perfectly smooth touchdown. Do not attempt tohold the nose wheel off the runway.If the airplane should bounce, hold or re-establish a normal landing attitude andadd thrust as necessary to control the rate of descent. Thrust need not be addedfor a shallow bounce or skip. When a high, hard bounce occurs, initiate a goaround.Apply go-around thrust and use normal go-around procedures. A secondtouchdown may occur during the go-around. Do not retract the landing gear untila positive rate of climb is established.Cheers,Marc Brodbeck