Sign in to follow this  
Guest malgeorge

Virtual Cockpit sometimes very dark

This is not an issue with PMDG 737 but with Flight Sim.When the sun is behind, the virtual cockpit is "bright and clear", the same as the 2D cockpit.When I turn the aircraft, the virtual cockpit gradually gets darker until it is so dark I cannot see the panels / instruments. The 2D cockpit is still "bright and clear".I had the same situation in FS2002 and FS2004.The 3D virtual cockpit is very impressive and I enjoy the virtual cockpit view.I do turn my monitor brightness and contrast up to 95%. It is normally at 80%.Any suggestions / settings to adjust.Thanks and regards,Mal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Turn on the flood light with Shift-L?Lee Hetherington (KBED)

If that doesn't work, check to make sure you monitor is not failing. Fading brightness is a symptom of a monitor going bad.George

Lee,I have just tried it. Makes no difference. It is still daytime. Just sat on the tarmac. Virtual cockpit is "clear and bright". I then slewed using the pedals and as the aircraft turns the panels get darker until they are hardly visible. Floodlight made no difference after all it is still daylight the other side of the windows.Panels are "clear and bright" when the sun is from the rear and dark when from the front of the craft.The 2D panels stay clear and bright throught the slewing.Mal

You may try my cockpitlight for the PMDG, vcpmdgng.zip in the Avsim library. In Fs set the lights slider to its maximum (8), this might not be enough, solve that by switching off winglights or another light.Best regards,Gerrit Kranenbarg

That doesn't look too bad. That's just the way VCs are in FS2002/2004 in my experience.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Heo!The fastest solution is to turn off the sun glare effect.Regards,Nejc