Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terblanche

PLEEZ FOR HELP WITH WATER REFLECTION

Guest Terblanche

Anyone out there that could explain why you can not see any reflection on the water with a GeForce4 MX450 ... I feel like throughing it at the salesman but how will he know?! It just makes me angry to think that you buy something for almost $200 and then you have to go through all the pain and drama to have any joy out of it.Any help will be appreciated!Thanx a lot ...Terblanche:-fume

Poor salesman :(Have you tried the check buttons for terrain detail ?or water reflections slider ?in the display settings?check them first then post back ,okHave chocolate to make you feel better :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi thereCan you download the newest drivers from the gainward website, Ive got a link a few posts down. Give them a try and see if they work and if they dont, then you can honestly think about taking it back.It must be such a nightmare for all you Geforce 4 MX users. It reminds me when I bought Fs2000 and I had it on my Voodoo 3 for ages and then I upgraded to my brand spanking new at the time geforce 1 card and then I had these darn lights in the sky at nightime which I had to put up with until Fs2002 came out. But you see the geforce was great at all the other games I liked.Let me know how you get on with the drivers if you do try them out.Thats after youve tried out those nice tips of Anniette's though.Craig

Besides the reflection slider, insure you have MultiTextures checked.Without it you wont see any reflections.RegardsBobG

You can do anything you want, unfortunately as I just stated in another post (I had the geforce mx440) any card with the MX in the name is worse than a geforce 3 ____. You will not see any reflections at all, AA won't work. Take it back is the only advise I can give. I had my mx440 past the thirty day mark when someone told me in this forum....sorry man....please don't shoot the messenger...

Guest Terblanche

That's it!Bye-bye GeForce4 ... Thanx for the help guys!