Sign in to follow this  
Guest kjorlaug

STAR and ATC

Guest kjorlaug

HelloHow can I perform at STAR with default FS2004 ATC. When approaching the airport the ATC only zig-zag vektors me to the final, this i very frustrating. If I don`t follow these vektors the ATC gets angry and give me several warnings.Torbjoern

I personally never use FS2004 ATC because it's just ridiculous. It doesn't even control the traffic flow correctly. Final approach is sometimes more like a race against other aircraft. The first one to land wins and the following four will go around and be vectored for another 30 minutes. Stupid and frustrating, yes.

Guest afcn

I do agree with you... once you tried VATSIM, you simply get (more) frustrated using FS9 AI ATC.With the danger of being OT:Does anyone have experience with add-ons such as Radio Contact for FS9 and 737NG STARS/SIDs? Sometimes it's still nice to fly offline (especially if you have PAI) and use the capabilites of FMC, have correct trans. alts etc.Regards,Nik Zanolari

I use the AI but I dont really bother with the ATC. All I use them for is what runway to takeoff and land on not that the AI always follow that. I fly all the sids and stars on my own. I realise it's pretty unrealistic but I enjoy planning a route and flying the aircraft.Andrew

Guest LLgaz

MS ATC is far from perfect, but has improved dramatically over the "versions". Once you understand how it works, you can work around those imperfections and still enjoy your flight.The way around the STAR is simply to cancel IFR and fly the approach yourself. If you have AI on, then it doesn't matter whether you're flying IFR, VFR or just plain ignoring ATC.....you'll still have a problem on finals because the AI will still be flocking to the runway.Personally, I do all my flights by just asking for Flight Following. That way, ATC can warn me about other AI aircraft in the vicinity because the PMDG NG doesn't have a TCAS yet.Of course, on Vatsim you have the SquakBox TCAS as well as FSNav multiplayer mode. While Vatsim is better than FS ATC, its only better if you have controllers. Since most of the time there aren't any controllers, I use FS ATC with AI so that I'm not flying alone in the world, I use Vatsim when the various ARTCCs have an event.

Guest vas_yan

In FS9 you can also request a different approach than the one you are assigned. Ask for an RNAV approach to the runway you wish and it clears you direct to its entry waypoint. You can do that or follow your STAR to it.Regards,