Sign in to follow this  
cyb4

EDDF SID wrong

Hi just wanted to make a flight from EDDM to EDDF. When choosing EDDF, FMX tells "ERR at SID, line 261".Best regardsChris Schnaedelbach

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
CEO / President of Cyber Air Virtual Airlines  (established since 1994)
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

Thanks for the heads up Chris, Although we have tested many of the procedures, there will always be a few that contain errors, lucky this is a simple fix, hopefully Terry Yingling will see this post and fix it right away for you. As a side note, there is a manual for SID/STAR compling in the DOc's folder. You can edit-create or modify for custom procedures ;)...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Wow, what a fast responce! New SU2 seems to be great!Best regardsChris

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

Guest stang

>Hi just wanted to make a flight from EDDM to EDDF. When>choosing EDDF, FMX tells "ERR at SID, line 261".Howdy ChrisOne of the things that has plagued me has been the inconsistency of the DAFIF data. I write a rule to parse something and then I find that the DAFIF does that same thing a different way. Argh.You found one of those things in EDDF. Easy to see after the fact but I will be doing some more programming now. Anyway here is the fix so you can get going again.Go to line 260 of the EDDF file. It is the SID NOM1S line. You will see SID NOM1S FIX RID18 FIX KNG FIX OKAVO FIX NOMBO. With your editor make a blank line under this SID. Now on that empty line type in " RNW 18 " (without the quotes). Next cut and paste the commands from the SID NOM1S to the new RNW 18 line so the entire SID now reads:SID NOM1S RNW 18 FIX RID18 FIX KNG FIX OKAVO FIX NOMBOThere is a second SID error same as the 1st. Find SID SUL1S on line 285. Use same procedure as above and make the SID read:SID SUL1S RNW 18 FIX RID18 FIX KNG FIX HAREM FIX WUR FIX SULUSThe procedures will now load into the FMC.Sorry for the problem. I can tell by the type of error that there are probably other airports with this type error so if you see a SID error like this look at the preceding line number. If that SID has no RNW listed then do the same procedure to fix. You, of course, may have to use a different runway number.I will update my parser and create a new procedures file that will be posted on the PMDG site. My thanks to PMDG, by the way, for providing space on their site for my procedures. The update will be an "A" version. Look for it later today, if the server will permit it that is. Man what a download day.RegardsTerry

Hey Terry thanks it worksRegarding to the excuse of your mistake:In Germany we say:"Somebody who works, makes mistakesSomebody who works hard, makes more mistakesSomebody who doesn't make mistakes, is a lazy pig!"Thanks for your work and your fast responce!Chris

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach

Hi Terry,While we are waiting for SU2, and we are busy reading the SU2 manuals could you please give us some idea of which SIDS/STARS are included in the latest release?I am particularly interested in the UK locations. Is EGPF-Glasgow or EGPH-Edinburgh included? If not I can spend my waiting time making my own copies.Thanks,Dave (CYVR)

Guest stang

Howdy Dave>EGPF-Glasgow or EGPH-Edinburgh included? Both are included.EGPF has 21 SIDs, 9 STARs and 1 IAPEGPH has 9 SIDs, 9 STARs and 8 IAPsMany are just variations on one theme though.RegardsTerry

Thanks Terry,Much appreciated. Now I'll have to find something else to do!Refresh, click, refresh, click ....Dave