Sign in to follow this  

An appeal to repainters

First of all, let me say that I have absolutely no problem with anyone repainting any of my aircraft and making them available to others. In fact, I encourage it. That's why I make them, so other people can use them. But DON'T modify anything but the textures. I state this in my distribution requirements, but some people are ignoring it. They are uploading repaints of my aircraft with different and/or modified panels, air files, cfg files, etc. The reason for this is that if there's a problem with the plane, then people come to me with it and I can't support them. I have no idea what's been changed or how. If you want to modify flight dynamics or enhance the panel, or anything like this, be my guest. But upload the mods as a separate add-on file and state that it's for use with my aircraft. Please people, I don't think I'm asking for much here. When I have to spend hours trying to track down problems with my aircraft, that I didn't cause, it just takes that much time away from any new aircraft I'm working on. Not to mention the wasted time of the people who come to me for help and go away empty handed. Just a little help here will go a long way to making everyone's flight simming experience more enjoyable. Mike Stone

Them Repainters have to behave ! Like edetroit said, "new aircraft I'm working on" ! hmmmmmmmmmTime for the speculation me thinks .........md#####dc####da##8##carave###mmmmmmmmAlpha xxxxxxxx