Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

N1 Problem Cannot invoke ????

Guest captandy

I cannot select the N1 switch b4 t/o as I did in the previous rel.I was instructed to use this for t/o and switch over to vnav once I was in flight with a steady climb out.I always select FD and AT b4 t/o and then proceed to invoke the N1 switch at takeoff.SU2 prevents me from doing this.ThanksAndy

Guest lbb

Hi,My first thought is that what you describe is how it works in PIC767. For the TOGA switch in PMDG737 "push" the upper left screw holding the MCP in place, just left and slightly up from the COURSE display. At least, that's what I've always done in SU1 and am still doing in SU2.You sure you're not confusing PMDG and PIC?Hope it helps (?)Leo Bakker

Guest captandy

I dont have PIC at all.I would first set FD and AT and then when ready for t/o I would hit the N1 swutch which would spool up the enginge for t/o.This is what I have always done in SU1 but now I cannot select the N1 at all with my mouse pointer.Andy

Guest J_Niny

Hi Andy,that is not correct. Actually you should push TOGA, not the N1 before the T/O.You will just push the N1 after 900AGL, when you see ARM displayed on the FMA.Hope this helps,Jorge Niny

Guest captandy

Thanks but I can swear b4 SU2 all I did was hit the N1 button and the engies would spool up and I would t/o using that setting until about 2500 AGL where I would invoke VNAV to gain IAS of 250below FL100.ThanksAndy

Hi Andy,this is correct, before SU2you could engage N1 on the ground BUT as far as i know this is not the way it is supposed to be.I do the following which always works fine for me:Hitting the weird multifunctional screw then engage the A/P then a bit later VNAV and N1 comes automagically in the game and after that i switch a bit later to LNAV or CWS what ever i like better.To sum this up, i do not touch N1 during the takeoff any longer T/O-thrust is purely managed now by the T/O-screw (button).By the way, that

Yep, this was FIXED in SU2. You do not push the N1 button for TO...EDIT: And you do not have to push the N1 botton for selection of climb thrust, the NG will do it automatically unless you fly for SWA ;).....[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest captandy

Where is the t/o screw button??What is DILS in the FMC under approaches?When I taxi now after landing I get this horn even after I retract flaps this did not happen b4 SU1.ThanksAndy

Guest jase439

That is just wierd. Why a "magic" screw? Why not just make a TOGA button on the throttle quadrant?

Just look at the position of the real one and then look at the gauge placements and you tell me ;)? Simply not possible although it was possible in the VC! A compromise which is really good since you do not have to have the throttle quadrant open when pushing TOGA..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg