Sign in to follow this  
Guest Art Vandalay

Movement on idle power with parking brakes

Guest Art Vandalay

I noticed when aircraft is at the gate with engines started and on idle power with parking brakes set the aircraft moves slightly but constantly forward - so after about 30mins you are almost 10-20 meters ahaed from where you should be.When you cut off engines the movement stops.Flightsim is FS2002. PMDG SU2 fresh installation (old version removed with the latest removal-tool)Anybody experienced the same?ThanksArt Vandalay

YEP. A few of us saw this while testing, And the results? We both needed to re-callibrate our joysticks, mine was ALWAYS giving out a small amount of thrust so this effected the spoilers on T/D too. Try it and let us know..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Art Vandalay

Hi Randy,I recalibrated my joystick (Sidewinder FFB) but no effect.IDLE-POWER is 21.0% N1Aircraft moving with parking brakes not setOn 22.9% N1Aircraft moving even with parking brakes setNothing like that before SU2.Still any ideas?ThanksArt

Guest Iz

Yeah, I have the same problem. With a full load of pax and 50% fuel, the -700 accelerates way too quickly on idle thrust.

This is strange indeed. Some people get it and some do not but it is not limited to just our plane, I recall a post in the main forum a few days ago talking about this too. SOme beta guys never had this happening, I raised the question and told you my findings but seems there are other factors that I am not aware of...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Affirmative...RPB742 does the same on my computer...But calibratin' my joystick (X45) gives better results...Essono Fritz

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest Hagar

I used to have this problem. I solved it by first pressing F1 to set throttle to zero, then calibrated it with the registered version of FSUIPC. Never had problems since.

Guest eker

Following this thread and waiting for someone to pick up the point.1. With park brake set there should be no movement at all. Except 24K rated at T/O power (both engines) there could be some movement - (skid with blocked wheels) 2. With park brake off it is a different story - you may calibrate joystick to fix.Have this minor bug myself. eker

Guest ilh

Before I recalibrated properly with FSUIPC (registered), I was getting creeping with the parking break on. With it calibrated so that I have N1 20.3%, I have no creep. I think anything 21% and above will creep. It does seem a bit sensitive.Try disabling your joystick, and pressing F1 to go to full idle and see if your N1 drops down to 20.3% and the creeping stops. If so, then try to calibrate your joystick so there is a null zone at the bottom that all maps to pure idle.Lee Hetherington (KBED)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Art Vandalay

Thats correct. I recalibrated via Controller-Settings AND FSUIPC an IDLE is now 20.4% N1 and aircraft is not moving anymore.Id wonder if the real one starts moving above 21% N1.Anyway....THANKS A LOT!Art Vandalay

Guest ilh

I seriously doubt the real one moves that easily. This came up during SU2 beta, and I think the developers said something about having to compromise between near-idle taxiing, realistic braking, etc. In FS, I believe you have to make tradeoffs at times, and this might be one of them. Maybe in a future version PMDG can make it a bit less sensitive to low N1 values.And yes, I must have meant 20.4%. I couldn't remember the exact number away from FS.Lee Hetherington (KBED)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg