Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

Anyone use PLN2RTE ?

Guest lbb

Hi guys,I thought I'd give the PLN2RTE utility a try, which should be able to convert FS flightplanner .pln files into PMDG FMC .rte files. However, I can't get it to work, probably because I am doing something wrong.Has anyone succesfully used it and if yes, how does it work? I've tried dragging the .pln file just about everywhere and pushed the pln2rte.exe a number of times but I still only have the original .pln file.Thanks,Leo Bakker

Hi Leo,I use it just fine. If memory serves, all you do is fire it up, drag the .PLN file to the place where it says and it'll automatically convert and save the .RTE file to the directory you originally specify. I don't actually click any buttons, just drag and drop.

Guest CFM56-7B24

I gave it a shot this afternoon and I succesfully converted several flightplans. You should be aware of the output directory of the file!However, anyone familiar with activating the flightplan within the FMC of the NG???Erik de Meijer

not to familiar...just what I read in the manual, seems to work fine.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest lbb

Guys, thanks for the info. I finally realised that I have to drag the .pln file and drop it onto the red line. I thought the red text was informing me that I had to drop the file onto the directory mentioned in the box, so I guess you can understand why nothing happened. But no, you have to take the text completely literally, now it's working for me!Leo Bakker