Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevchris

Same old approach problem

Guest kevchris

HelloI am still having the ILS approach problem, where everything is fine until about 6 miles out - aircraft is descending nicely with the glide slope - airspeed is about 160 knots - all of sudden the plane stops following the glide slope, the nose rises and I am forced to disable A/P and land the plane myself. Except, when I attempt to land manually the plane starts flying "sideways" and the landing is an embarrassment.I am using ActiveSky 2004, but have the wake turbulance disabled - I thought this may be part of my problem.Any ideas or similar experiences???Thank you.

It is stated that one should not use add-on weather with this aircraft, if you choose ot still use it you will have some issues. This is a side effect and one reason why this was stated in the readme. With the wind shitfs the A/P is getting thrown conflicting winds which I assume is srewing up the IAS causing the Alpha protection ot kick in (it thinks you are stalling)..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

Randy,Sounds like alpha-floor to me?

Yes Fred it certainly IS the case. Hopefully Damion (AS) can help with a solution. There might be a way to tweak FSUIPC in this regard but one must own the registered version to access those settings..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

Randy,Ah OK. I get it now ;) I was thinking it was a mis-configured airplane. I had no idea that AS was having this kind of issue with the NG.

Guest kevchris

Hi RandyAre you saying that no add-on weather can be used with the PMDG 737?

No, I am only saying that the use of Active Sky and Meteo is discuraged with the NG, not that you cannot use them with it, but if you do you, you will have to accept the unwanted effects (like your IAS stall issue). [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Hi Kevin,Let me chip in here for a moment. There seems to be an issue with wind directions and FS9 and FSUIPC when controlled from an external source. I know that Damian (author of AS2004) and Pete (author of FSUIPC)are looking into this as we speak. We will hopefully see a solution to this problem soon. I've been experiencing the same problems with wind shifts on approach you are reporting and have reported them to both PMDG and HiFiSim. Regards,

Guest svvceo

Hi,I face the same problem with AS and stall on final approach but I'm using FS2002 not FS9.F.