Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

Central web site for SID/STAR downloads?

Guest rcarlson123

Hello all ... I've seen a few people have made web pages with custom SIDs and STARs that they have made, and I'm wondering if it might be a good thing for the PMDG customer community if we had one central place where SID/STAR authors could post their creations, and the rest of us could search through them and download them.Building database-driven web sites is what I do for a living, so this is something I could put together myself pretty quickly. As an example, take a look at http://www.tribes2maps.com ... that's a site I built for the Tribes PC game series for level authors to upload their work, and gamers to download them. (Note that a SID/STAR site that I build wouldn't be as graphically heavy. :))I would love to build a SID/STAR download site, but I don't want to go to the trouble if PMDG is planning something for their web site. Could someone from PMDG give the "official" word as to whether or not you folks are planning anything like this for your web site?

Guest ba747heavy

Ross,PMDG is planning something at this point. Not sure when, though :)

Guest rcarlson123

Ahh okay, cool. Would anyone from PMDG be willing to chime in here and give us some idea on when this area of your site might be ready? If it will be more than a couple months, I think I'll still put something together. Thanks!As a side note, I'm also considering writing a graphical SID/STAR editor, probably web based, that would allow you to create a SID or STAR while seeing a graphical representation of the procedure as you add waypoints. Not sure if there's enough demand to warrant the effort, but it might be fun to do anyway. :)

Guest pagotan

Hi,Just sent you an email.Michael

Ross,There already is one central place for SID/STARs for PMDG and 767PIC, especially now Richard has decided to continue his great work :-)http://www.navdata.at/However a second source is very worthwhile.RgdsDave

Guest rcarlson123

Ahh, okay ... I didn't realize Richard had added a section for users to upload their procedures. Excellent! Thanks for pointing it out.