Sign in to follow this  
paulcroft

Electronic Kneeboard Checklists

In the spirit of Christmas, and with others contributing so much of their own time and efforts to the PMDG 737NG, I've uploaded my own offering to the community.I like to have access to a set of checklists via the F10 key's electronic kneeboard, and these aren't provided by default, so I've written a set of checklists based on PMDG's Normal Procedures and Fred Clausen's tutorial. It's in *.htm form as used by all FS9 aircraft. It won't work in FS2002 I'm afraid because these aircraft require their checklists to be in *.txt format but you are welcome to modify it as necessary if you so wish. I have no objections.I've uploaded it to avsim as pmdg737ng_check.zip and they, in their wisdom, have put it in the FS2004 Gauges section.If you like it, great. If you spot any howlers please let me know.Paul Croft10 miles SE of EGLL

Correction Paul, it's in FS2004 Miscellaneous Files :-)Thanks mate, I'll have a look later.Dave

Guest Glaudrung

Paul,I just made a download of the checklist you have created. Good stuff.Now, I was wondering, as I am a compleet geek when it comes to programming, would it be possible to create an interactive checklist? So as to really check items with a checkbox I mean.just dreaming up things but I am afraid I can't create it myself...Luc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgium

>would it be possible to create an interactive checklist? So as to really check items with a checkbox I mean.

Guest Glaudrung

Yep, you're right about that Vulcan.But there is a catch to FDC (that I own for your info) and that is framerates. It just takes too much processor power to be usable in my case.The only way that I can use it is by turning down meshscenery by 50 or 60%. And that is no option (why did I buy those Gb's on scenery in the first place then?).And for some reason there is no way to install it on a networked pc. (at least, I don't succeed in installing it on a networked pc).So... back to the first question I guess. An interactive checklist for the 737NG...Thanks for the reply anywayLuc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

My understanding was that you can install FDC on a network computer Luc, although I have not tried it myself. I do however have other things running on a 2nd computer.Your suggestion is possible I think, IIRC the B25 from Bill Rambow and team has interactive checklists as you describe.Rgds