Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Cold And Dark Cockpit

Is there a "cold and dark cockpit" mode with the 737? If not, I'll just try and set one up and see if I can save it. I taxied in after a flight and went through the shutdown checklist, restarted, and while taxiing out I noticed yellow flickering on my right engine nacelle and what appeared to be fog going by. I went to exterior view and sure enough it wasn't fog, but smoke spewing from my plane! My plane was on fire!! I guess I missed something during my shutdown and restart. Very realistic though, I must say! I figured a cold and dark start might help me avoid and track what I overlooked. :( :D Regards, Tom

Guest ba747heavy

Tom,There should be a cold and dark situation that was installed with SU2. Check it out :)

Guest rcarlson123

Hrm ... when I choose "PMDG" from the flight category list, the list of flights is empty. The flightsPMDG folder is empty. Is there supposed to be a flight there?

Guest lbb

Hi guys,There is a PMDG flight in my folder, so yes, it is supposed to be there. However, if you start up FS9 and create a flight with the standard PMDG737-600 or -700 you'll automatically get a cold and dark cockpit, since that is its standard cockpit state.I see a lot a people starting up via Cessna's or Baron's and to be honest I never understood that, it seems to me that it will only introduce problems? Or am I missing something here?Leo Bakker

Guest rcarlson123

Before SU2, the easiest way to get a dark cockpit was to start up a cessna, shut off the mags, avionics, etc., then switch to the 737. I didn't know that the default startup condition was cold/dark now ... good news.

Guest mpauli

Hi LeoIm just wondering what you are doing different to me. When I start FS9 the "create a flight" menu comes up first but when I choose the PMDG 737NG I always get the bird with engines runing and ready for take-off?What is different here?CheersMartinBTW: Ross if you want, I send you the file for the Cold and Dark 737! Just give me you e-mail adress...

Guest lbb

Hmmm, perhaps this is more complicated than I thought. I have NEVER ever had the engines running on choosing the PMDG737, so I'm at a loss what's going on here.Although, now that I come to think of it: I believe the "create a flight" menu will default to the same situation that you have saved as default start up situation in "save a flight". Perhaps you have a default situation with the engines running? Perhaps you could try to save a situation with any other aircraft as default, and if you then choose the PMDG737 from create a flight it will be in its original state, that is cold and dark?Leo Bakker

Guest rvdlaak

If you are happy to have any startup scenario with any plane to have cold and dark, try searching the file area for bc_dark.zip or use this link.http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=34140.File Description:A very small file to give you a cold dark cockpit with everything switched off. (CB)Filename: bc_dark.zip License: Freeware Added: 3rd August 2003 Downloads: 4974 Author: B Chuchra Size: 3kb I am using it in FS9 and it works just fine with PMDG starting up in total Cold and Dark mode. Thanks Ben! :-)cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Guest rcarlson123

Hello Martin, yes please do send me that file. My address is:pmdg at metacraft dot com (replace the "at" with @ and the "dot" with .)Thanks!

Guest hoohah

Well, for whatever reason, neither the installed PMDG flight nor a shutdown 172 allow me to start the right engine of the 737. That's why I use my own 737 C&D flight based on a shutdown Baron...it's what works for me.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I too have only had the 737 start up with all engines running presumably ready to go, although I noticed a few warning lights on the panel. I'll look for the cold and dark cockpit. By the way, has anyone noticed that if you enter slew mode, your engines shut down when returning to normal flight? Does anyone know what to do about this?? Cheers. tom

Guest rcarlson123

For some reason, many people (myself included) did not get that file with the SU2 installation. I have the PMDG folder in my flights folder, but it's empty. :(