Sign in to follow this  
Guest phorovsky

PMDG - 737 NG Program

Hello thereJust a little note to sing the praise of PMDG!I acquired the NG737 program some months ago, but I just could not manage to fly the aircraft, so I put it aside! A couple of weeks ago when the new version was published I battled with the download, as did everybody else! But once this was accomplished I decided that I simply had to learn to use that program! The first help in this endeavor came from the most excellent 737 NG Tutorial v.2 produced by Fred Clausen. This young man certainly produced first class work with his tutorial, and this together with the PMDG manuals pointed me in the right direction. My main problem was how to produce flight plans and how to transfer them to the FMC. I am a FSNavigator man and I just could not get this to work for me; I did not fancy the idea of having to enter the flight plans manually. I wrote to Fred Clausen to thank him for the tutorial and mentioned my problem to him. Well, he certainly resolved that problem for me once and for all!! It is so simple that I feel a bit embarrassed that I had a problem in the first place!!I

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Paul, i just purchased the 737ng and went through freds tutorial and some pmdg ones also. but like you i am having problems with creating flight plans. do i have to use an add on like fsbuild or fsnavigator?.... i must be missing something....could anyone give me help so i could make several flightplans and more fully enjoy my new 737? :D so do i have to enter in each route leg into the FMC... but how can i even recieved the leg route data how do i know what legs ill have to cross during a flight... anyways anyones help would be very greatly appreciated! :-) thanksJeff :-hmmm

Dear JeffI'm afraid I cannot answer your problem! I am not a computer boffin, not am I an expert pilot!! At present I only know how to handle the FSNavigator flight plans in the NG737. Whilst I am not an expert I do enjoy flight simulations and spend many hours with this hobby. Fortunately I do have the time to do this, I am retired!If you do quite a bit of flying I would suggest to you to invest in a flight plan builder. I only know the FSNavigator and I find this indispensible for my flying, not just the PMDG aircraft; it adds another dimension to the hobby. I've heard that fsbuild is also very good, but I do not have any personal experience with it. As far as I know both are payware.Good luckpaul

Jeff,various options to make flightplans... with the help of charts and maps you could create a route yourself and feed the info, as waypoints etc into the FMC, but as you say yourself.. where do you get these maps.?Two other options.. the first is freeware.. go to www.fsbuild.com Here you can download a free flightplan creator program that can save the flightplan automatically into the FMCThe second option (and that is the one I prefer) is FSnavigator. Go to www.fsnavigator.com. Here you get a map of the entire world complete with airport, ils, beacons, waypoints etc.. You can see your plane and always be sure of your position. Here you just click on the map from where to where you want to go ( with intermediate points etc) and if you download the plugin ( from Avsim library) this flightplan can also be downloaded directly into the FMC..do some research and hopefully you find a solution.b rdgs Dick

The 737 NG is one heck of a sim. I put off buying it for some time because: a) I wasn't shure if my aging system would run it acceptably well. :( It appeared that early versions weren't that satisfactory to many people that had bought it, due to technical shortcomings. c) I had had a somewhat less than pleasant experience with geting bugs (features?) fixed on the 777 I bought for Fly II (which is/was a great sim in it's own right).I am, so far, 99% satified and enthusiastic about PMDG 737NG - it is just awesome. As sophisticated as all the electronics are on this plane (and done exceptionally well I might add), I find that I enjoy hand flying it as much as I do, say, the SF.260, 421C, or Seneca V. My system runs it just fine, and I have yet to find a technical issue with it. And it seems that whatever technical issues there may be, are being actively worked on by PMDG.My only complaint is the TO/GA thing. I spent alot of time pushing the red parking brake light trying to get TO/GA to engage :(I know I should have RTFM first; but the provided mechanism is absolutely _NOT_ intuitive ("press index finger firmly on the MCP panel mount screw to activate TO/GA" LOL). And like my dad said when I ran over the mailbox with the family car _before_ I had a driver's license, "I don't want to hear any excuses or explanations, 'cause there's no way to make sense outta this!" LOLCheers,