Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob Kellett

Is a UPS livery possible?

thanks...I immediately went to get as that is what I was hoping fornow for the dumb part. when I went to download it shows you an image of it...as Mr Johnny Carson would say - "I did not know that"btw; since I am probably only one a very few on this forum who knows who he is and actually have seen his shows (spring chicken I ain't), here ya gohttp://www.johnnycarson.com/carson/indexflash.jsp

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest rcarlson123

That looks sweeeeeeeeet! Now for my dumb question ... does FedEx actually fly 737's? Seems awfully small for a cargo plane ... but I guess if they have remote hubs that don't require a larger plane, it makes sense.

Guest aaron_huber

Not yet, but maybe...(from http://www.b737.org.uk/history.htm)-- begin quote --Boeing revealed the 737-900F study group in Sept 2003. The project is believed to be aimed at FedEx who are looking to replace their 727 fleet. It would use the side cargo door from the 700QC and be capable of taking 11 standard 2.24 x 3.18m pallets, 3 more than the -700QC and only 3 less than the 757. The -900 also has a hold volume of 51.7cu.m.-- end quote --Aaron

Guest DrJimi

I have a small problem with the FedEx aircraft. ATC adresses me as "737" rather than "FedEx 737". All the parameters in the cfg file seem correct, so I believe this is an omission in FS9. I seem to recall there's a file somewhere with all the carrier names, and I suspect this one is missing. Anyone know the fix?Thanks in advance!

Jim,If you re-download the FedEx livery I believe Robert fixed an error in the config file. You can fix this yourself in your current install by placing a space between Fed and Ex in the atc_Airline= line of your config file.

Guest DrJimi

Thank you Pete! I suspected it might be that simple. Interestingly, EditVoicePack lists FedEx (no space) and plays the sample. That's why I was puzzled. I'll make the change to the cfg file.