Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

How do I save auto pilot settings?

Guest panda234

got a bunch of flights saved, but whenever I load them the autopilot goes back to default. LOL, causes some problems on short final. I know it's a simple answer, but I looked for it and couldn't see it. Thx much!!!billg

I have the same problem and I have a nasty feeling that you cannot save any settings in the PMDG 737NG. Many people mentioned this on their "wants" list for the latest SU2 update but looks like they've ignored us.Really detracts from what is otherwise an excellent product.PMDG - Save settings option PLEASE:-)Adam Moorehttp://www.flightpix.tk

Guest rcarlson123

I don't know for sure, but something tells me this is an FS limitation. Lots of things about the PMDG plane are not saved when you save a flight, such as the state of most of the overhead panel switches, the state of the FMC, etc. My guess is that the FS situation file format just doesn't have provisions for saving aircraft-specific variables. In other words, it can only save the more variables that apply to all planes, such as speed/alt/heading, state of the engines (running or not), throttle position, weather, etc.The autopilot in the PMDG 737 is completely custom, and doesn't use the FS autopilot at all, so it's no surprise that the autopilot settings are not saved either.I may be thinking of something else, but I seem to remember PMDG talking about adding a way to save the full state of the FMC for recall later after a system crash, or whatever. I assume this would include saving the MCP settings as well. I wonder if that feature will be included in the 800/900 product?