Sign in to follow this  
Guest zimmerbz

found the cause of my problem, now a fix?

Guest zimmerbz

I found the cause of my difficulty with my landings. At localizer (VOR LOC)intercept I am 210 speed reducing to 180 via A/T. Now at capture i am 180 and flap 5. At glideslope alive I go to flap 15 speed, +5 and gear down. When that is captured, I disconnect AP and go landing flaps and vref +5. I am in full control of the plane, and it seems to be handling beautifully. I decide to make small turn corrections to see if I can get it back to stabilized. No problem there as I am able to do a heading change, and get her back lined up. Here is where the problem comes in. When I disconnect AT to manually control thrust. When I do this, everything is fine until i try to reduce or increase thurst via my CH Yoke. At that point, my throttle is usually in the middle since I was using AT. When increaseing or decreasing thrust, the plane will veer right, making it very difficult to get back to a stabilized position. AM i disconnecting the AT at a wrong time or a wrong way? Could this be a yoke problem? Any suggestions? I have tried keeping the AT on, but then I wouldnt be able to idle the thrust when I am flaring. Anything?Brad

Brad,I THINK you have to disconnect the APP switch on the MCP. Only a guess but I remember something else along this line.

Guest ba747heavy

I think this sounds to me like your control throttle is only controling one engine....the how or why I don't know.I am probably wrong, but I thought I would venture that guess ;)

Guest zimmerbz

Well i did some more troubleshooting and found that even with autothrottle on, if I move the throttle, I'll get this action....just since AP is on, it will recover. Could it be that I have a too or not too sensitive throttle setting? Would null zones have something to do with this? I noticed when I move the throttle VERY slow i dont get this. Only problem with that is the throttle on the CH yoke is so small, it makes it difficult to do. Any thoughts?Brad

Guest chris_kirk

Brad,Just a wild guess here but I did have something like this before. I have a CH yoke and peddles AND Saitek X36F stick and throttle (because I like the throttle!) I have found in the past that FS occassionally gets its axis assignments mixed up with this arrangement. In these situations I have found that the rudder assignment has been duplicated with the throttle assignment, therefore moving the throttle also deflects the rudder.Could you possibly check ALL your your FS axis assignments and make sure that eash axis is only effecting what it is meant to?Hope this helps, if it doesn't then I shall have to put the ole' thinking cap back on!Chris Kirk

Hi Brad,As mentioned above, is your throttle controlling both engines? Do you see both engine guages increasing and descreasing when you move the joystick throttle?

Guest zimmerbz

yes, the throttle is controlling both engines, and everything seems to be mapped correctely.Brad