Sign in to follow this  
Guest anarchystyle01

Bouncy

Guest anarchystyle01

hey, i just wanted to know how to keep my plane from bouncing whenever i touch down on autoland. should i lower my speed on the MCP speed switch like 10 KTS down? if not what?thanks, dave

I usually use Vref +5 and 30 flaps and get no bounce. (unless I really screw up lol). Also you might have better luck not bouncing it if you land manually. What speeds are you using when you land? What are the winds?AndrewPS. Retard the throttles and flare when you hear the GPWS call 50 feet. If you do it right it won't bounce. I'm sure you already know this but make sure the spoilers are armed prior to touchdown, it might help with the bouncy landings.

Guest anarchystyle01

well, usually i have my approach speed at 140-150 but i never take off autothrottle. so you are saying when the GPWS calls 50, i should disengage autothrottle and then put in idle thrust? if so im gonna go try it. thanks ( o and by the way, i do have my spoilers armed but they come up very late after landing like after 2 seconds on the ground.