Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eternal

Autopilot and FS Simulation Rate

The PMDG 737 seems far more sensitive to any increate in the simulation rate over 1x than any other aircraft I have used.When I go to 2x, the autothrottles start acting weird, often times starting to move opposite of what they should be doing. For example, if I am faster than my MCD speed, at 1x the throttles will start being pulled back. If I bump the sim rate up to 2x, the throttles often reverse this trend and actuall start increasing. Back down to 1x, and they reverse again towards the proper direction.The heading and altitude also diverge from what is selected until I go back to 1x, when they start to recover.Is this simply because of the large number of computations that have to be done in "real time" to keep this plane flying? I can't fly the cruise portion of airliner-length flights at 1x, I don't have the time!Thanks,PatrickCPMEL/SEL/IA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

All sophisticated simulations (like PMDG's 737 or Flight1's Meridian) poorly handle time compression (and even 'pause' in some cases). It is understandable considering they do not follow Microsoft's SDK to the letter (otherwise they could not deliver this level of fidelity).737 is an aircraft used frequently on short hops. I don't see any problem of enjoying it to the full on hops not exceeding 1-2 hours. But maybe it is just me. Michael J.