Sign in to follow this  
PilotGav

ATC and FMC

I'm new to the PMDG 737 and it's FMC.I was wondering if it's possible to use both it ANF flight sim' ATC, in order to receive "real" instructions - or is FS's ATC to dumb to handle things like SIDS/STARS and such?Gavinhttp://www.interprom.com/gav

Guest rcarlson123

Not sure what you mean by "ANF flight sim' ATC" but I can tell you that the ATC built into MSFS does not handle SIDs or STARs.

Yesterday, I made a flight from Larnaca to Gatwick with the PMDG -700, and programmed the SID/STAR's. It was the first time I have actually used FS's IFR ATC (I've had FS9 for about 6 months lol). Obvisously FS doesn't used SID/STAR's with ATC, but it was kinda cool getting vectors on departure. Approach to Gatwick was way off any published procedure, but at least they kept me clear of all those mad AI pilots out there :-lolI believe Radar Contact is compatible with SID/STAR's, but not sure how they get on though.Regards

Alaister Kay

Guest rcarlson123

This discussion reminds me of when I tried doing a flight from Kansai to Kai Tak using FS9 ATC. Instead of vectoring me for the infamous checkboard approach, it tried to fly me through the hill on the final for runway 13. Pictures here:http://www.metacraft.com/flightsim/photo_l...sai_to_kai_tak/Just one of the many reasons I do all my flying on VATSim now. :)