Sign in to follow this  
timers15

Was that ice contamination I experienced???

Hey all,Due to the cold weather about these parts in Maryland I became curious about icing. Normally, I just followed the 10 degree/visible moisture rule, and discontinued anti-icing at 400 TAT.Vaguely heard something about that.... My airline SOP, not known to be correct :)Previously I've tried to turn my 737 into an ice cube, but nothing ever happened. So I decided to go all out!Anyway, I intentionally turned off all the anti-ice stuff, -1 C Temp -1 C dew point, moderate rain, icing = severe. I let the plane sit in the rain for a while.Nothing noticable happened, however, until shortly after takeoff I got a sudden pitch up to like 25 degrees! Not normal for me at all. The auto pilot really had to fight this, and barely managed to avoid stalling. Then I recalled I saw this happens to 737's (albiet older models) on the 'net.So.... does the PMDG 737 model this? Or perhaps it was me?Amazing aircraft, that 737 is.Tim Dobrowolsky

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hehe...it would be really nice if these things like icing were modelled in fsim generally, but i think they are not.Maybe I'm mistaken...?Word Not Allowed