Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grunt

Unable to start FS after 1900 install

Guest Grunt

Can anybody tell me what happened? I just purchased and installed the 1900 and I tried to take it for a test flight but FS will not start!!! I had problems with the downloaded file...it was named with two extensions (exe.zip), so I finally changed the extension name, unzipped and installed it. Now I get the "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close...." routine when I try to start the program. What gives?

Guest Grunt

OK, after a bunch of trial and error, I discovered that the culprit was something with FSUIPC. When I deleted the ini,dll etc for FSUIPC I was able to fly again. I am guessing that the problem was with my older version of the dll (I have a registered copy, I just haven't bothered to update fro the last version yet). The files for FSUIPC were the only things changed with this addon's installation. I will update to the newest FSUIPC and see what hapens. I will post the results tommorow after I get home from work. ANyhow, just wanted to get this out tonight in case somebody had a similar problem!

Guest Grunt

Ok. Thanks. I can't explain it, but for some reason the files were changed, but apparently not through the installation. Anyhow, everything works fine now with the latest version of FSUIPC installed. Very nice plane.