Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

A few questions...

Hello, Just bought and downloaded the B 1900, it's pretty cool.Anyway two other questions regarding other payware aircraft. I own only PMDG planes and I was wondering about two other planes I've been hearing about.The 727 Professional and the new SSW A310, if anyone who reads this own any or both of these, I would like to know if I should buy them and how each compares to PMDG's aircraft. Things I'm looking for are fully functional cockpits just like PMDG and accurate flight models. Thank YouJeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest ha5mvo

Hi Jeff.Both addons you mentioned do a very good job in terms of cockpit functionality. the ssw panel is very impressing and has A LOT of features. The 727 cockpit is done very well too with just about every possible switch covered.It's hard to compare the two since they represtnt entirely different concepts. The former is a computer/FMC based aircraft while the latter is an old style radio NAV "steam gauge" aircraft.The bus also has quite a few unresolved issues and is VERY stuttery on my mid-range system. Some people say it runs smoothly on their comp.s though.I suggest you browse through the forum on their website so you might get a better impression. Also there is a patch (1.4) to be released soon so I would have wait till than.In terms of flight model (I think you refer to the dynamics, right?)both are so-so. Again look in the forums and you'll find quite a few posts regarding this issue.If I may make a suggestion, why don'y you try Stellan Hilmerby's package for the DC9-41/21.While the external model is not as beautiful as the CS727, the flight Dynamics are ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDIND. The FDE follows the datasheets exactly by the numbers.The panel is complex and simulates the correct operating procedures. Everything is well documented and supported by Stellan Hilmerby and co.To top it up, the package is free. I would highly recommend it!!best,//Michael