Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt S

B1900D Complexity?

Guest Matt S

Hi all,I am just wondering before I buy this product, exactly how complex is this aircraft as far as system and switches go? I mean how close to the real thing is this? would it be suitable for someone who likes full on realism right down to the last switch?How functional is the overhead?Regards Matt

Guest Matt S

Hi,I understand that on the web site it states that things aren't modeled down to the detail the 737 was, to give me an idea is the air-conditioning systems, pressurization and hydraulics systems modeled?I wasn't able to find anything about the overhead panel sorry.Sorry to be a painMatt

naw... none of that stuff is modeled.there is no overhead and almost all the gauges are stock (as stated on their site). If you really want to know exactly what components are operable and which are not, email me and we can go through a list of some sort. But much of it is not modeled. In fact, the more I think about it, I am not sure anything (either system or panel) goes beyond the stock kingair?However, the visual aspects and the flight model are fantastic, I had no aprehension about this purchase.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest rog74

>In fact, the more I think about it, I am not sure>anything (either system or panel) goes beyond the stock>kingair?This seems somewhat accurate. I would guess that the only scratch design work comes in the shape of the flight model, sound package, VC and visual model including animations.As stated above, the gauges are borrowed; the front panel shares some bmp work (throttle, warning & caution panels, etc) with the King Air. There are seemingly no complex systems modeling to speak of.Personally, I did find the package a tad disorienting at first. I have been a PMDG customer since 98' and this is the first work of this typeto come from their hanger. By this "type", I am referring to the stated intention of striped down accessibility.The only things that I am displeased with are two user related issues. The first involving a sound issue with my SoundBlaster Card. There was a warning during the install that all users of SoundBlaster Cards should make sure that their drivers are updated, otherwise they may experience some sound issues (distortion, etc). Well, my drivers are updated, but I am having distortion and brief cutout issues with the left sound channel. In fairness, my SoundBlaster Live 5.1 is not new by any standards, so others may have a completely different experience. I may have to alias the sound.The second headache (for me) is ILS capture. That is purely my fault though, as I should have made the mental connection concerning the default gauges and Microsoft's poor autopilot before I purchased the aircraft. It had been so long since I used a default aircraft, I simply forgot how poorly ILS capture was modeled in these sims. Someone mentioned hand flying every approach (no matter the condition), but that was a poor excuse even before the developers overhauled the default autopilot. In total, this is a very nice package for $15.00, but I do agree with the original poster who said that the website's inference "that things aren't modeled down to the detail like the 737 was" might not go far enough in describing the aircraft package. Judging it against today