Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cumulo

IRS

Guest retard_retard_retard

Hi in the SSW a310 package a working IRS is included.This is the first time i've seen one and i wondered if the 737 800/900 will have one?In this model it's vital that you align the IRS before flight or the plane wont work properly. For the sake of realism i think it would be a great addition to the PMDG 737 as it seems to be a fairly importand part of the aircrafts systems that is currently missing.theres some info on the 737 IRS here - http://www.b737.org.uk/navigation.htmthanks.

I think its been said by pmdg before I think It will have one.Andrew

Guest Boaz

Also PIC had this feature...And PMDG will include this feature in the -800 & -900 package...Boaz...

Guest wee_davie_2612

While on the subject of the -800. Do I understand right that this will be more of 'bolt-on' to the original NG series and not a 'free standing' product?Also, if this is the case, will the original NG panels get (relevant) updates aswell (i.e. the IRS).CheersDavidP.S. PMDG, the 747 looks great! I hope it will be as complicated as the NG (for we tech freaks :))!

yea, the original panels for the 600/700 will get the updates that come in the 800/900 panel but you have to buy the 800/900 to receive the updates to the 600/700 panels. (thats what Ive read). I think its like an expansion pack, people who own the 600/700 won't have to pay 40 bucks again to get the 800/900 it will be a reduced price although Im not with pmdg and have no idea what the pricing will be.Andrew

Guest wee_davie_2612

Thanks Andrew, That's pretty much how I figured it'd be.CheersDavid