Sign in to follow this  
PilotGav

Flight Yoke play

I noticed in the 737 cockpit video I'm watching the suprprising play that the flight yoke has.on final approach, the flying pilot seems to really be moving the yoke in all axis (axees?) quite dramatically - yet the aircraft seems to be commpletely stable.Any comments on this?Gavinhttp://www.interprom.com/gavhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest stefanwa

*bump*I'm trying to improve my CH Yoke experience to get it as real as it gets. Do the real ones respond more linear or exponential?I've also noticed the play Gavin mentioned in some 737 videos.Steve W.

Gavin,That's how it is. To stay perfectly on the glide with right attitude and speed you need to make constant corrections to the flight path. The aircraft, especially in real-life genuine weather, will want to go here and there, but not much of course. The constant correcting is to prevent the a/c from drifting off course/off glide. The pilot is ahead of the aicraft all the time, and that's how it should be.I'm guessing most of the sim pilots are flying in such a way, that corrective action is taken only once the a/c already has drifted sideways of above/below. This is my opinion on the subject :).Tero

PPL(A)

and when flying with lower speeds you have to make bigger control movements then when flying at higher speeds .. this is not only for the 737NG but for any plane .. it's aerodynamics ..

Difference between AIrbus/Boeing here is, that with the Boeing-Yoke you control the deflection of the ailerons/elevators.Airbus controls the amount of deflection, pilot commands a bank angle or pitch-angle and the fly by wire system holds that commanded angle(s).So thats why Boeing pilots on final are making "hard rudder" movements while Airbus pilots are doing close to no movements at the sidestick at all.CheersHolger

Guest gremel

It's almost equivlent to steering a boat through the water at low speeds approaching a dock..You have to use more inputs to get results..Water and air are two media's that do not differ that much. The inputs are also greatly reduced at higher speeds in a boat that is running flat out..Aerodynamics, water dynamics...alot in common.Regards,Jack NoulletKGSP

Guest captbulldog 2

Would you then recommend making the null zone higher and lower sensitivity in FS to replicate this?

Guest stefanwa

>Would you then recommend making the null zone higher and>lower sensitivity in FS to replicate this?I'm also wondering what the "best" settings for the CH yoke would be. Maybe "one arrow down" for a more exponential curve on the x-axis with the CH Control Manager?Steve W.

Guest ba747heavy

>MUCH more fun the BOEING way :)Here here :D