Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

FS Auto Start (by Ken Salter)

Guest gremel

The Configure 'Services' section of FS Autostart was quite easy to figure out and accomplish, however, the next section is quite baffling to say the least. It lists a 'PROGRAMS' section to be completed with a listing of the following programs which I have no clue as what to do and I'm wandering if someone can tell me which ones I should 'No Action', 'Stop', or 'Leave Running'..The programs listed in this section are:AOlTray.exediagent.exeDirectcd.exeDLG.exeDSentry.exeExplorer.exemm_Tray.exeMSMSGS.exeMWSOEMON.exeNavapw.exeNotifyalert.exeQttask.exe Realplay.exeSupport.exeWKCALREM.exeWZQPICK.exeAlso, what do you change on the next section of FSAutoStart configurations section site or can you just skip it??Regards,JackKGSP

you can stop for sure: wzqpick (winzip)qttask (Quick Time) realplay (guess? yep.. real player)navapw (seems norton antivirus just restartit and don't leave mail progams running ;) )directcd (you don't burn cs while flying... i think) I'm not sure about aoltray (not sure how this AOL stuff works) don't know the others. :) Bye, Luca

Guest Valid_Andy

MSMSGS.exe --> MSN messenger

Guest gremel

Thanks guys...Any others ?? I don't use AOL for anything and I'm wandering about that one also!!Regards again,JackKGSP

Guest gremel

bump on my last question regarding the Config setting and what to do with it in addition to any other .exe files that I can stop..Anybody know!!Regards,Jack

Guest gremel

Thanks Garry..Great site and just what I was looking for.Regards,Jack KGSP

Guest Ken_Salter

Hi!If you are using the latest build, when you open the Program window and hover over a program, a side window will show the embedded information in the file, including version, company, and any comments. This is the best I could do without maintaining an extensive database.As to the third section, you need to verify that the path to flight sim is setup properly. Further if there are any programs you wish to run after Flight Sim has run (like ActiveSky, Radar Contact, etc..) you specify them in that section.If you have any other questions, I think it might be better to post in the MSFS General Forum or send me an email directly. FSAutoStart is not affiliated with PMDG in any way.