Sign in to follow this  
Guest m0sca

No Active Route??

Guest m0sca

This is probably a daft question but I have a problem with the FMC.I can export a flight plan from FSNAV to the FMC no problem, but after taking off and pressing the auto pilot button the FMC reads "NO ACTIVE ROUTE". The EXEC button is high lighted and on the RTE page I have 6 pages of waypoints visible. I cant think of anything else. (I did press the activate flightplan as well when asked by the FMC).Any help would be appreciated..

Guest Ray CYYZ

When you imported from FS Navigator, that just loaded the route, it does not make it active. You need to click the lit EXEC button to shift it from planned to active.Ray

Guest m0sca

Thanks for that Ray and its done the trick. The only thing I am getting now is that VNAV is disconnected Unable Cruise altitude. I have FL330 on the FMC and MCP any suggestions??

Hi Simon,No offense, but it seems you need to study the FMC a little bit more. You might want to look at the two excellent tutorials made by Fred Clausen and Tim Metzinger. Start with Fred's and continue with Tim's. They are both available here at the AVSIM library and will give you a thourough lesson in programming and hopefully understanding of the FMC. Do a search for respective author and you'll find it.Hope it helps,

Simon,The "Unable Cruise Altitude" comes when the FMC (in VNAV mode) cannot climb / descend fast enough to reach the desired altituded.There are a few ways to fix this:A) Use the "Level Change" button on the MCP to reach your altitude** Option A will probably work best:( On the LEGS page of the FMC - reprogram some of the altitudes / headings - such that the plane can climb, but will still reach your desired cruise altitude (ie. Just add more waypoints between takeoff and cruise)C) Change your cruise altitude so that you don't have to climb as high (ie. cruise at FL250 instead FL 300)** Keep in mind that when programming the LEGS page (or any page really) of the FMC you DO NOT have to enter both sets of data (ie. On the LEGS page it shows a predicted speed / alt -- if you do not want to enter the speed, just type /{your alt} that way only the altitude will be programmed in. Once you program it in you must push execute to get it to work)Hope that helps! PS. A couple great tutorials are available for download from PMDG or AVSIM -- a little long -- but are a must read

Guest m0sca

Hi everyone,Thanks for your help all sorted now. The tutorials worked a treat and cant be recommended highly enough.