Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nav LT

PMDG's PD, ND, and EICAS WideFS comaptable?

Guest Nav LT

Hello everyone,If I were to purchase Pete Dowson's WideFS, could I place the PMDG's 737 PD, ND, and EICAS on another networked computer? I'm thinking of trying to build a cockpit to enhance the flying of PMDG planes. Anybody out there already try this?Thanks in advance and happy flying!

James,I don't think this would work with WideFS. WideFS just fools external programs to think they run on the same computer as FS when they actually are on a second PC.What should work though is WideView http://www.wideview.it/ . Where you have multiple computers running FS in a synchronized mode. Usually used to show the outside view on multiple screens.Hope it helps,

Guest Nav LT

Hi Matt,Thanks for the input. I was just thinking that since you can undock the PMDG's PD, ND, and EICAS displays from the original location, that I could send them over to another computer and have them fooled into thinking that they are operating on the FS computer. Sort of what Project Magenta does only using PMDG's displays instead of theirs.So you dont think it possible huh? I will check out the other site though.Thanks

You will be able to undock some bits and move them to another monitor but it will have to be attached to the same PC and running as a second monitor.Andy b