Sign in to follow this  

lines to enter in panel.cfg to display GPS?

Hello! I would like to have the GPS available by pressing shift + ____ because my friend and I only fly short flights manually and dont want to program everything into the FMC, especially if we havent decided where to land!So what line do I put in the panel.cfg to allow me to see the GPS with a button press? Thanks!

Hi,Do a search for GPS on this forum. It has been answered before. (Now why would anyone like a GPS with this beautiful CDU onboard? ;-))Hope you find it,

Guest Godessofthesky

Because its hard as heck for a non fmc user like myself. this beautifull product is so intimedating for a GPS userI wish I could find a tutorial on FMC operation.Cassaundravanessaflight Attendant

Timothy Metzinger has a very very nice tutorial available in the avsim library, more specificly here: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=Root&Go=SearchI started from scratch, but I did have extensive knowledge of PSS's A320, which is a bit easier to learn. Even with my knowledge of the A320, the 737NG is completely different and I had to learn the FMC by scratch. Tim did a very nice job on the tutorial, and I highly reccomend it!

Guest nandrzej

You could have a look at some of the default planes in FS and see how they put the GPS in, I have modified a few panels like this. Bear in mind the 737NG is head and shoulders above the default planes and I would not be surprised if it didn't work the same way, if at all.Nick

Guest Jacek_KORD

This should help you to add the GPS, this is the help I've got from Tim a while back.First, standard disclaimer. Neither I or PMDG provide anysupport for this mod. Be sure to make backups of all filesbefore you edit them.You'll have to edit panel.cfg in the PMDG737-XXXpaneldirectory, and also edit panel.cfg in thePMDG737-XXXpanel.vc directory.First in the [Window Titles] Section:------------------------------------------[Window Titles]Window00=Dummy Main ViewWindow01=Main PanelWindow02=Zoomed PanelWindow03=Approach PanelWindow04=Landing PanelWindow05=CDUWindow06=OverheadWindow07=ThrottlesWindow08=RadioStackWindow09=IRS Unit//Window10=debuggerWindow11=PFD PopupWindow12=ND PopupWindow13=EICAS PopupWindow14=Right CDUWindow15=Garmin_GPS //Add this line -------------------------------------Then add this section right before the Side Windowsdefinitions:-----------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------------[Window15] // GARMIN_GPS size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GARMIN_GPSgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0----------------------------------------

Thank you very much!Now how do I change which button I will be pressing to get the GPS?Anyway thanks again for the help!

>Hi,>>Do a search for GPS on this forum. It has been answered>before. (Now why would anyone like a GPS with this beautiful>CDU onboard? ;-))>>Hope you find it,I did search but all I found was responses like this! Anyway I cannot speak for everybody, but I messed around with the FMC and find it interesting and extremely well done. But I have a full time job and do not want to dedicate hours to learning how to use something I will never use in my life. I don't have that kind of time but I enjoy well made airplanes and PMDG has the best out there... I also dont fly flight plans but rather I enjoy taxing from the gate, taking off, cruising, and landing somewhere without spending half the time just programming the thing. Plus not knowing where I feel like flying to and landing makes programming an FMC pretty useless... So theres my excuse.Thanks all for the responses, time to go enjoy the beautiful plane and probably purchase the 800-900 add-on! well done PMDG