Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lenni-Lufthansa

Egine and Warning-Sounds

Guest Lenni-Lufthansa

Hi PMDG,now it

Guest boxjockey99

LennartThe annoying noise you keep hearing I suspect is the take-off configuration warning, sounds like an intermittent horn rather like a truck reversing horn. This sounds if the power levers are advanced past about 45%N1 and any of the following condtitions are not met! 1) Flap in takeoff config (1, 5 or 15 degrees)2) Speed brake (spoilers) in the down detent3) Parking brake OFF (if red light is on it will sound the horn)4) The stab trim is not in the green band (takeoff range)So in your case check you have the spoilers down, the parking brake off, the flaps at 1, 5 or 15 and also the stab trim (on both sides of the throttle quadrant) is in the green range. This should stop the annoying horn!I have not really got that good an idea on the second problem other than I noticed that the PMDG engine start sounds are slightly quieter than the other ones you mentioned. This is actually in keeping with the noise inside the aircraft. The pointy end doesn't get that much noise during start so I suspect using the PSS and DF packages as a benchmark may be your problem. Of course I could be wrong and there may indeed be a problem.Hope that helpsKris

Guest Lenni-Lufthansa

Thanks Kris, for your fast reply.I suppose it

Guest kim_2222

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the speedbrakes should simply be "Down" not "Armed" during takeoff.... I'm not 100% sure. Perhaps try it like that. Hopefully it solves your problem..Kim Steingass

Guest Lenni-Lufthansa

You

Where does it say that on the NG that one should ARM the spoilers for TO? You do not arm them, All my real NG checklists state them to be in the DOWN detent, this is not the same as ARM position Kris kindly posted.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest boxjockey99

Correct you should have the spoilers fully DOWN, NOT ARMED!! The spoilers will automatically deploy in a rejected take off situation due to a mechanical system connected to the reverser levers. The up and down of it is that the last thing you want is the spoilers coming up during the takeoff roll, by having them in the DOWN detent the power is removed from the automatic deploy circuit so they cannot be extended by the automatic system. for example say you took off then a gust caught you and placed one main wheel back onto the ground. If the spoilers were in the AMRED position they would deploy and so cause a potentially fatal situationIn an RTO situation when you pull up the reverser levers there is a small metal lug which raises the spoiler lever into the ARMED poisiton, it senses that it is on the ground and so deploys the spoilers! Hope that clears it up!Kris

Hi guys,"for example say you took off then a gust caught you and placed one main wheel back onto the ground. If the spoilers were in the AMRED position they would deploy and so cause a potentially fatal situation"Well in that situation they wouldn't deploy as for auto deployment your thrust levers have to be at or near idle. But agreed, you don't arm 'em for t/o.Arming speedbrakes for t/o is an airbus thing - there you have to arm the speedbrakes and they will deploy as soon as you pull the power back.Disadvantage of the Boeing concept is that in case of an engine failure, you may delay reverser deployment due to directional control problems. In that scenario, you'd have to pull the speedbrake lever manually - in a situation where every hand movement has to be very quick and has got to be right.Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest boxjockey99

Good point mark, man I have to get my head back in the books!Kris

Guest Lenni-Lufthansa

Well, it might not be in the english download-tutorialbut the german manual provided by aerosofts pmdg boxed version says:TakeoffAm Rollhalt Piste 24 angekommen arbeiten wir die Before TakeoffCheckliste ab.Setzen Sie die Klappen auf 5