Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Questions and Comments 800/900

Good afternoon,First, congrats go out to all of the developers and beta testers for releasing a great upgrade to the 737.After a couple of flights I have a few observations and questions...1) The 2d lighting is not bad at night but could be a bit brighter and an option to correct this would be nice. Is there an easy fix?2) Everytime I launch FS9 there is a loading bar that appears and takes a couple of minutes to load all of the PMDG data. Is this normal to happen everytime I launch or choose PMDG?3) I've read a couple posts about arming the spoilers and feel that both the light in the cockpit should illuminate and also the keyboard commands for arming should also be corrected.4) FMC - Nice to see ACARS will be soon be available and am looking forward to this feature. Hope it can be worked out soon.5) BUG - After you hit the "O" button to bring up the overhead panel - then the only way to go back to the 2d cockpit view is hitting shift 5 or 4 ( I forget ) The buttons do NOT work on the lettered panel. try itFinally, its obvious that PMDG takes pride in all of the work they produce and as a Virtual captain, I thank you all. Well done!Anthony Padovano

Guest EISN_CONTROL

1)No easy fix I'm afraid,other than creating more 2D bitmaps. There was a lot of complaining done about the panel lighting in the 600/700 versions so PMDG fixed it so only backlighting was represented...2)I think that bar appears everytime the PMDG aircraft is selected3)I agree,I think the Spoiler armed light is not working. I'm sure PMDG will correct this in the upcoming service pack(which could take quite a while)4)Yup :)5)I dont appear to have any problems with this,and this is the first I've read about it. Have you tried a fresh reinstall?I second your congrats to the PMDG team-sure is swell ;)John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest Marc Harrington

5) Make sure you don't have the undockable overhead panel option selected in the PMDG Styles Menu. This will cause the problem you mentioned.

Hi And thanks for the kind words! ;-)I'll try to provide a few answers1) Easiest fix is to adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast settings. It looks good here! ;-)2) Yes this is correct. And this data has been loaded in the 600/700 as well. But without the dialog window. The window is there to make sure the data is loaded properly before you continue to prepare your flight.3) This is a delicate subject. See this post by Mr. Randazzo for an explanation: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=46778&page=4) The Event times in the ACARS page actually work at this stage!5) This is not a bug. I have confirmed the behaviour you describe. But this is due to a misconfiguration in the PMDG|737NG|Styles menu. Under Various be sure to uncheck the Panel switcher checkbox. This checkbox is for multi-monitor users only.Hope it helps,

Thanks to all for the fast and detailed responses to my questions.Anthony