Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray CYYZ

Instruments wander on simulator Pause

Guest Ray CYYZ

Is this a Microsoft thing?I am sitting on the ground in Alaska with the Microsoft weather set to heavy snowstorm.When I hit the pause key, the TAT goes from 5C to 15C and the N1 limiters kick to the 15C setting instead of the 5C setting.To reproduce, park yourself at PANC and set the weather cold and dark. Turn on Batteries and Ground Power, bring up the main panel and watch the the panel gauges very closely as you pause and unpause the sim.This a problem or a issue that you stop getting info to your aircraft when paused so you can't calculate the proper values and go to the defaults?Ray

Ray,I tried this in the default Lear and it behaves the same way. So I would suspect this is an MSFSism.There's no need to pause the NG to do the preparations.Cheers,

Guest Ray CYYZ

Figured as much ... might be something good to mention somewhere as I am sure everyone pauses their flights at some point or other when doing long hauls.Not PMDG's fault obviously, but the implications are rather nifty when you watch your engines rev and your altimeter do backflips while airborne :-lolRay

Ray, Part of this issue is probably being caused by the FS9 weather model's tendency to somtimes instantly (and radically) change environmental variables (your pause in a TS example). Changing these variables from one second to the next (ex: wind and pressure) will reek havoc on any aircraft flight and systems model.The PMDG developers have done some programming to attempt to minimize FS's effect, but they can only do so much.