Sign in to follow this  
jjeffreys

FS2004 Internal

I hear everyone talking about switching the setting to Internal in the styles menu but I for some reason do not have that option. I am using registered FSUIPC and when I go to the style menu it only gives me the option of FSUIPC and the FS2004 Internal is shaded out. Any one have any ideas?

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Anyone?

________________________________________________________________________________

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest mvf1981

Hi,Im not too sure what could cause this?It

Here is a screen shot http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73593.jpgThis is the same result on both online and offline I have never been able to get this box to not be shaded.

This is straight out of the gate nothing set up other than an initial flynow I just tried deleting the fs9.cfg and that didn't help I am thinking I will need to complete re-install. There is no multi set up and there are no other programs setup. I also had a problem a little bit ago where when I took the runway and spooled up and then pressed to/ga I had both engines fail and I could not restart them. I think it may be a problem with the initial setup on my system.

Guest tmetzinger

>This is straight out of the gate nothing set up other than an>initial flynow I just tried deleting the fs9.cfg and that>didn't help I am thinking I will need to complete re-install.>There is no multi set up and there are no other programs>setup. I also had a problem a little bit ago where when I took>the runway and spooled up and then pressed to/ga I had both>engines fail and I could not restart them. I think it may be a>problem with the initial setup on my system.Is your Traffic set to 0?

No Tim my traffic is set to 100% I can see the other aircraft sitting at their gates so I know that they are there. I have tried to switch it at multiple points 1. soon as I am sitting at the gate. 2. After I set up a multiplayer 3. After I test the tcas. 4. After I am airbourne. Nothing works and it apears that I am the only one that this is happening to. I also am noticing that my FPS have droped I was getting locked at 30 with 1.3 and now with the 800's installed I am getting 20-24 just sitting at the gate. I think I have a corrupted install I am going to uninstall and start from scratch tonight hopefully that will work.

Guest NBL648

That was my initial thought on this....as to multiplayer, I have found that if you use the FSUIPC option then a 3rd party utility such as AIBridge is required to see the others....not sure if this is true for VATSIM, IVAO, SB...etc......But if you are in a private multiplayer I have found that using the FS2004 internal allows the players to see each other without any 3rd party utility. I'm not sure why since AI is not active during these sessions, BUT I'm not going to try and 'fix'....read break it......:D Best, Paul M

Ok,I deleted my fs9.cfg and it is still shaded out. I then removed the NG using the removal tool and re-installed 1.2, restarted, then 1.3,restarted, then 800/900, restarted, Istalled my sid/stars 0403, and then restarted. It is still shaded out. Where is the data for the styles menu wrote to, is it in the cfg file or somewhere else I want to see if there is something that it set to 0 when it should be set to 1. Any ideas? I am able to see trafic but as far as I can tell I don't get the RA I was 1.5nm from an AI and on crash coarse and didn't even have the indication turn yellow. when the tcas is set to ta/ra I see TFC on my ND but never have I seen a warning. I don't know if this is all related or not but I thiought I would throw it in.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Jeremy,The data is stored in the file 737gauges.ini found in folder PMDG. Look for the entry:{TCAS}Source=0Source=0 is for FSUIPC (it's supposed to be square brackets around TCAS).Sorry I can't help more, I've never had a problem with it.While I'm here, what is the difference between setting FSUIPC and FS Internal? I didn't see any explanation of it in the new manuals. I've still got mine set to FSUIPC (I'm using a registered version BTW) and see AI fine also get alerts without problem aswell.CheersDavid

Jeremy-I can tell you pretty authoritatevely that it means FSUIPC cannot detect that you're running FS2004. (I wrote the code, I should know :-) ). I cannot help on why FSUIPC doesn't detect it... but it doesn't.Cheers,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,Thank you I was hoping you would respond that is what I needed to know I will go in and see if I have a problem with registration if so maybe I need to reinstall fs Thank you so much.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Lefteris (or anyone else that knows),What are the differences between setting FSUIPC and FS Internal? I didn't see any explanation of it in the new manuals.CheersDavid

Guest Lenny Zaman

look for me this is how it worksput it to FS internalnomatter WHAT you do, traffic always worksonline, offline... does not matteri always have traffic.I'm really wondering why the FSUIPC mode even exists as i'm not in need for it at all......Cheers