Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Anniete -- I can't stand it any longer!!!!

Good on ya Bazza - looks like the residents of the rest of the world are a tad touchy. Probably has something to do with NOT living in the land of opportunity as we do.A fellow Aussie - also from Brisbane

BobbieIs she a miniture Schnauzer?Katie is a medium SchnauzerPeter

Guest jaapverduijn

Lots of blokes from Brisbane here, I see. Used to live there for a while in 1966 and 1967, on a working holiday in Australia (I'm Dutch, and went back to Holland late in 1967)). Does the Queensland Book Depot in Adelaide Street still exist? Used to work there, also in Hotel Majestic, George Street. I lived in a boarding house in Newmarket, 11 Free Street, to be exact. Runs off Thurlow Street (if I remember correctly) which in turn runs off Enoggera Road. Never been back to Australia since, but I've been kinda homesick for it for the past 35 years...Now what, one may ask, has this to do with Flight Simming? Well, it was in Australia that I got my first gliding lessons, which in turn (albeit much later) made me become interested and eventually dedicated to MSFS2002. Pffff... I made it... the flight sim connection, I mean (grin)!

>Does the Queensland Book Depot in Adelaide Street >still exist? Used to work thereIt does -- but , as bookstores go, it is not as significant a business as it was 30 or so years ago!! You should come back for a visit -- you wouldn't recognise Brisbane now .

Hi there.Looks like Ive missed alot and OMG..those pile of repaints by Anniette are piling up on my harddrive so Id better take some screenies of them later.Not much to say really about the above as well most of its been covered, but Im just glad its all been sorted out and Im happy about that. Anyway better start getting those planes downloaded.Craig

Guest jaapverduijn

Thanks mate! Good to hear that at least something's left there, but indeed: most previously first class bookstores have been going down the drain for a long time now, all over the world. I might return sometime in future, after I pay off the mortgage, and sent the kids through college, and such. Always wanted to see Australia again. Best bloody country in the world, mate!Jaap.

What the heck is your problem Annette (However it's spelled)? He just asked a simple question. Why are you so over-sensitive about it???

yeah, I prefer girls to boys to ;-))