Sign in to follow this  
RonC

Frame Rate Performance and Stutters

Guest Kroener

Hi Thanks to Flight Simulator Graphic Solutions, who has been very helpful, I just found out that my videocard isn

Guest Nickman

Can I ask what video card you had. Integrated video cards in the chipset often aren't as good quality as AGP cards. If you do get one, I would suggest either ATI or at least Nvidia. You would also notice much more better framerates if you get an nVidia FX Ultra graphics card which are usualy at least 15 GB/second but cost about $100 more than their regular model.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.25 Ghz (405 mhz FSB)Soyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest thx1137

Hi All,One thing would be interesting to know... When you get the stuttering have a look at your hard disk light, is it lighting up a lot? Nearly all my stuttering was because the disk wasn't keeping up and another reason was because my memory bandwidth was low (fixed by bios tweaking). I only notice slight stuttering when looking out the left window in the VC, my FPS says 20 or so yet when I go to the 2D cockpit it says 22 but is smoother. 2 FPS seems to make all the difference I guess!Before my machine upgrade (I now have a 3ghz P4 clocked at 3.2 with with a 9800XT video card) I used to switch all the views just before takeoff so all the necessary textures would be preloaded so I didn't get takeoff roll stutters.Steven W.

Guest Kroener

My video card is a Nvidia Geforce Ti 4200 with AGP 4X. I

Guest Nickman

An ATI 9800 will definately help. Make sure you run the new one on AGP 8x (AGP 3.0) if you motherboard supports it.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.25 Ghz (405 mhz FSB)Soyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest JoJoDawg

Hey all are you still having your stuttering problems?Since getting the 8/9 addon I started to get stuttering also and it was sync'd like every half second of stutter no matter what setting I tried.I have a 9800 pro and I had just upgraded my cpu to a 2600+.Since I have only been flying the PMDG planes for awhile now I thought it was the update. So I tried one of the IFDG planes and it still skipped teh same. So maybe it was ActiveSky or Active Camera, found nothing there either. I then remembered that I had 2 folders compressed. My aircraft and my addon folder were compressed. So I uncompressed the two folders and yay it stopped the stuttering. Smooth as silk now. Cranked settings back up to were I had them before and still pretty smooth. So if any of you may have compressed your folders when the craze was around you might want to try it uncompressed or may defrag the drive again.Hope this helps some of you.Bill Mosser

Guest cf_sas

Hi,Although the 800/900 is generally giving me a smooth ride, there are some ocassions when I experience stuttering. I often use the Instant Replay function in FS to enjoy my successful landings :-) from a different view (tower/spot/wing view). After landing, I usually pause the sim, switch to another view and play back the last 2-4 minutes. After installing the 800/900 this has been a jerky experience. It's not the kind of stuttering that I have experienced before due to poor graphics performance of the computer. This stuttering is more "smooth", if you know what I mean... It's more like a continuous speed up/slow down of the whole simulation that goes on in cycles. It's like someone is changing the simulation rate between 0.5x and 1x every second.I have also seen this kind of stuttering occassionally in "real-time" when taxiing on the ground and using wing view (yes, I know it's not considered good practice to socialize with the passengers during taxi, leaving my poor F/O alone on the flight deck :-) ), but in Instant Replay it happens all the time.

Guest Raw75sy

It's the Virtual cockpit...use the 2d cockpit and it will go away...sg

Guest cf_sas

I always fly with 2D panel only, so I guess the VC is not the cause of the problem this time.

well im getting this stuttering as well in Vc in the 800/900 and fix on this?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Nickman

There is no official fix by PMDG, but the Service Pack coming soon might help. There are some things you can try:1) Reduce the cloud 3D percentage (under Display options) to below 502) Fly with no clouds3) Tone down the cloud coverage to MediumHope you gets this resovledNick B.Continental Airlines 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

well ive toned down clouds to 2D only, ive noticed its only with this plane in VC, the stuttering is not apparent in say the default 737 VC, and its the stuttering not the frame rates which are the issue.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram