Sign in to follow this  
RonC

Frame Rate Performance and Stutters

After several removals and re-installs I was still having a massive stuttering problem only with the new NG. I just noticed that FSUIPC was logging 4 separate parameters hence sucking up my free space on this particular partition. Funny thing though is it only logged on this aircraft and no other. I turned it off and voila! Smooth as silk.Cheers,Ron CIntel P-4 2.8 Gig1 GB PC3700 Dual Channel RamATI Radeon 9800 Pro128MB19" MonitorSB Live ValueForcefeedback StickIs it ever enough?http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Kroener

Hi RonI

Providing you have it installed in the first place, you should be able to tell by looking at the menu bar in FS under modules. If it's there it will show it. Open it up and select the logging tab. If all any of the four parameters are checked then uncheck them. Good Luck!Ron CIntel P-4 2.8 Gig1 GB PC3700 Dual Channel RamATI Radeon 9800 Pro128MB19" MonitorSB Live ValueForcefeedback StickIs it ever enough?http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Nickman

Just a quick tip to some people that my have questions:You can have bad performance with good frame rates. If so, it most likely is the graphics card that isn't able to keep up with FS. Either get a new one or tweak the performance on itNick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.25 Ghz (405 mhz FSB)Soyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

My system is (basically):P4 3,40 (no overclocked)Intel 875P (D875PBZLK)4X512 MB CL2,5 DDR400 ATI RADEON 9800XT (Hercules)AUDIGY 2 W XP Pro SP1Cat 4.4 (it doesn

Guest Kroener

HiUnfortunately this wasn

Guest Nickman

Yes, many people are having that with the 800/900. I have a stutter too, but only when clouds are present. It flies perfect when there are only high cirrus clouds. Try taking the cloud 3D down a bit or bump down scenery a little.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.25 Ghz (405 mhz FSB)Soyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Hi KlausThe only time I've had significant stuttering was when I was testing max frame rates and so set frame rates to unlimited. As soon as I set them back to fixed (at 24) the stuttering disappeared. If yours are varying up to 75 fps I guess you could do worse than to try fixing them at, say, 24 and see what happens.Paul Croft10 miles SE of EGLL

Guest Kroener

Hi PaulI

I guess I'll jump in on this framrate thing too. I have also noticed a change with framerates from the version 1.3 600/700 Especially with overcast conditions. I lock my framerates at 20 and they go between 8-20 all the time. With version 1.3 they where pretty steady between 15-20. I am not going to moan, because I just can't get enough of the 800/900 updrade. And hopefully PMDG will get what's causing the framerate problem fixed shortly.

Guest Nickman

Not sure, but the effect reversed. Now it has better frame rates, but the cockpit stutters a bit. Mine flies perfectly smooth with only clear weather which isnt a challenge but will be ok once it's fixedNick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.25 Ghz (405 mhz FSB)Soyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest gremel

I can't speak for the 800/900 series fps, however, I have noticed increased fps on the 700 series 2-D by not activating the "Airports" function on the PFD. The waypoints are OK but when I deactivate the 'Airports' function the framerates increase between 5 & 6 fps and that's significant for my cpu which is a dell 2.4mhz with 1gig of RDRAM and a 9700 radeon TX graphics card.Hope this helps somebody with the same fps problem. When you think of it, you really don't need the 'airport' functionality on the PFD unless your in deep S***....Regards,JackKGSP

Yeah with clear skys I stay pegged at 20. Now I seem to be anywhere between 10-20 with overcast and it jumps around alot. With 1.3 I was steady between 15-20 with no problems with overcast conditions. PMDG will get it figured out, they did last time.

Guest gremel

My apologies....I meant to say the 'ND' and not the PFD display.Regards,JackKGSP

Guest speight

Try cutting the refresh rates by half in the pmdg menu