Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Nose down at final ILS Approach

Hi PMDG and else,I loaded the B739 right, entered all data correct into the FMC. BUT when approaching I slow down to the speed FMC gives me for full flaps at 40 and that is about 140kts. I slow down to 140kts and deploy the flaps one by one the slower I get and the marker at the left screen tells me to deploy the next flap.NOW I am almost level, plane is horizontal and NOT about 2 or 3 to 5

Torben,Nothing wrong here. As was stated in another post, the use of flaps 40 is much recommended for the -800 and -900s, as opposed to the flaps 30 for the shorter -600 and -700 versions.This is simply to reduce the risk of a tailstrike during the flare, so it is entirely to be expected that you come in at a somewhat more "flat" attitude.

hmm well, am I too used to fly 300/400/500/600/700??? All approach final at 130kts or even less at full flaps and have about 4

Guest Valid_Andy

Final AOA with flaps 40 on the longer birds is about flat, and if you look at pictures it should prove that. Fly the approach at ATLEAST Vref+5 (or so randy said:P)and it will be about horizontal and occasionally I've had a slight negative value:P