Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Does anybody know how to download from:

Guest Heather 636
http://www.indigocactus.com/Flightsim/AirI...adseaplanes.htmThank you Kellym for directing me to this site. They have some beautiful classic birds there that I'd like to download, aspecially the J2F6 "Duck".Only problem is that I can't download without entering a user name and password. However, when I went to register, a message tells me that registering is not necessary other than just sending them an email.I have done this, with no reply, and I still can't download.So, what has this bubble-head done wrong THIS time!Help!Heather

Guest RobA

Heather, Just went to this site and it seems all that is required is an email to receive your "key" to download stuff. I haven't sent one in myself, but it'll probably just take a day or so to get your reply?Best regards, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

So sorry, Heather, for directing you to a site where you couldn't download (I should have tried it first, but I try not to download when I'm at work :>)Here's another place you CAN get the Duck (same duck) from:http://www.dimstar.net/files/fs_panel.phpAlso available here:http://www.simviation.com/fs2000vintage10.htmHope this helps (I'm kind of a search fanatic, so it's always fun to try and find something on the web).

Guest Heather 636

Thank you Kellym!I'll keep your "fanatacism" in mind next time I'm trying to find something. I'm on my way now to download a Duck. Great!How about a Grumman Goose.Sheesh! Sounds like I have a thing for waterfowl!Thanks again!Heather

>How about a Grumman Goose. Whew! You really know how to challenge a guy.Here's a CF2 model (AFAIK, these ought to work in FS2002, but the gurus here can tell us the details): http://www.geocities.com/parrot_head4life/cfs2.htmlThere's an FS '98 version here:http://flightsimmers.net/aeroswine/but I don't have *any* idea if these work in FS2K2 (my hunch is no, but there may also be some gurus who could tell us how to modify it to work).I can't find any 2000/2002 versions of this plane, although there apparently is a terrific recent version of it for Flight Unlimited (sigh).

Guest Heather 636

Wow! You ARE good!Downloading them now. I do believe the CFS2 aircraft will work with FS2002 as I have a few that worked fine already, such as the FW200 Condor. I believe you have to remove a few files but that's it.I hope these work out better than the Duck did :(Looks really nice for a FS2000 airplane, flares and lands nicely too, but that float has a BIG hole in it because the plane immediately sank! :-eekI'll work with it though. Perhaps there's a guru around here who can coach me on the use of contact points in the config.file.I don't give up easily when I want something.Thanks again KellyHeather

Guest Lizardo

Gazzareth is working on a Mallard for 2k2.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure someone in the Aircraft design forum will know about this. I'd like to know myself, so maybe I'll drift over to there after this and ask the question.Hope you got out before it sank !

I haven't got an answer yet from the other forum, but after studying the MS SDK I'm of the opinion the Goose will not sink like the Duck, as there are type 4 (float) contact points in that plane's aircraft.cfg file.If so, then the answer for the duck is just to enter similar type 4 contact points. I'll play with it tonight (it's terrible to have to work all day. LOL!) but if you get it working first let me know.

Guest Heather 636

Thanks eko,I just sent them a THIRD email trying to get signed in with a user name and password so that I can access their downloads. Nice site, but you can't download anything!Cheers!Heather

I did manage to get the Duck floating (and flying) so if anyone is interested I can mail them the aircraft.cfg (or point them in the direction to make the appropriate changes).

Guest Firestriker

I really doubt they have anything there that you can't get somewhere else. I hear they download ac from other sites and then post them on their own site. They was a post about it over at the Flightsim.com FS2002 forum. They have both my 707-320 and DC-3 there and I didn't upload them there! Only to Avsim, Simviation, and Flightsim.com.

Guest Heather 636

I gave up on "Indigo." Never did get a reply, even after three emails. I rarely speak derogatorily about anyone, generally keeping my opinions to myself, but if I had paid to be a member there, I wonder where they might have gone on vacation with it since it's dang sure that no one is around to answer the mail!I finally managed to track down, elsewhere, the planes they had that interested me; with exception of the blue "Duck." To heck with it, I'll just paint the thing myself.This does bring up a post I was just about to submit until I looked into this one, regarding legal terminology, but I'll take that to a new post.Thanks guys!HeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;)