Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Just one big happy family...

Guest SoarPics

This is an extremely important post, made neccessary because the sun and the moon and the stars and all the space junk our species has left floating around space are in some crazy alignment, as proven by what's been happening at the ol' Avsim Forum.Now, people, let's stop with all the craziness and get back to the serious stuff. I'll get the ball rolling.1) A patch2) This sim is better than that sim3) How come my ground is so blurry (Honest, Officer, I've only had two drinks)4) Why GA flying is better than the heavy iron5) How unfair it is that more and more of the addons available to us are payware instead of freeThese should keep you all busy for a while :-lol :-lol NO, Francois, NO... Don't strike me with your lightning bolt :-bigangel Regards,GregGender: UnknownAge: If I told you I'd have to kill you (yeah, it's that big a secret)Place of birth: Must have been somewhereOccupation: Unemployed (going on 13 years, and proud of it)Talents: NoneGreatest Achievement: Being away from the hospital for an entire weekend (don't worry, I NEVER fly without taking my meds).My picture: Uhmmm... no, you wouldn't want to see my picture associated with anything earthlyOK, Nomex suit now on... prepared for the flaming from whomever takes this seriously. (Uhhh... Francois, buddy, nice fellow, gentleman... you understand... don't ya?)

Guest SD Sim

:-ufo2 the martians are coming!! :-ufo2 Thanks for the good laugh :-wave

#4 is wrong. It should be: Why BUSH flying is better then heavy iron! (But that's true! Scratch that!) Also, don't you miss the ever popular, "How do I post a screenshot?" :) LOL!!!Don

Greg,I still do not know how to post a screenshot ,how can you leave this?that is a very funny post made me laugh ura*Anniette xxxxxxxx

Oooops! I did it to you again!! It takes nothing for me to get in trouble anymore!! LOL!!In order to post pictures outside the screenshot forum, they must be posted somewhere on the web. Different ISP's will NOT let you access pictures from outside their sites. Maybe some folks in here can provide you with names of some that do. I put mine on either of my 2 web-sites and access their address there. In the meantime, use the AVSIM Screenshot forum. I would love to see more of your work.Don

Guest Heather 636

My brother pointed this out to me in regards to a place to upload pictures that can be aliased elsewhere, such as . . . here!You will see at many if not all of the online auction sites, various advertisements for auction support sites, part of which is providing picture hosting.I sometimes use my brothers account at www.auctionwatch.comYou will most likely see a mention of a fee, however, this does not apply if the picture is not used with something that is being auctioned, through their service of course. Keep in mind that they do have rules, like most places, as to the "content" of the picture. I guess the best rule of thumb to keep in mind is, if you can't post it here, you most likely can't upload it there.TAKE NOTE: if you wish for the photo to be semi-permanent, you will have to periodically go into your auctionwatch account and "check" the box for the photo you wish to remain else they will be automatically deleted after a certain length of time. My brother did not know exactly how long this is, but well over a month. This works for me as usually, anything I have displayed here after a month is long buried and never viewed anymore. So, no loss.Now, having revealed this tip, I hope the hosting site doesn't turn around a lock me out.Cheers!HeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Guest Lindy

...... I post pictures here at AVsim on occasion and simply have them on my hard drive. Following the "Attachment" instructions (at the bottom of the Message window) I simply upload them here to Avsim and voila' a posted screenshot.I think Avsim will delete the pic after a certain period of time, but generally by then the message post has scrolled off into Archive anyway. -Lindy :-rotor :-newbie

You are right lindy. It is deleted after 10-12 days I believe. By then, unless it's REALLY hot, it will be gone done the road anyway.Don

Guest Niels_C

Hmmm, can *your* MSFS 2002 Pro make screenshots? How?! Never mind! Fly safe, and have a nice weekend.-Niels

Guest SoarPics

Hi Don,<#4 is wrong. It should be: Why BUSH flying is better then heavy iron! (But that's true! Scratch that!)>Actually, I naturally include bush pilots in the sub-group of GA pilots (yikes, I'm starting to sound like a sociologist).As a young man one of my most powerful influences, both from a flying standpoint and life in general, was a bush pilot. He passed away three years ago (natural causes... he was simply too good and smart to have killed himself in an airplane) but I often remember one special landing he made with me riding in the back seat of a Super Cub. We were headed in to Sierraville Dearwater in the Sierras north of Lake Tahoe, and like a dummy I requested one of his exciting approaches and patented postage stamp length landings. And boy, he didn't disappoint. Once parked, he of course climbed out of the airplane and sauntered away as if it was business as usual. I on the other hand wobbled away with a strong urge to kiss the ground. I have tried the same approach and landing in the simulator numerous times. While I've managed to get it on the ground in one piece, I've never done so with the ease and aplomb he poccessed.He was, in my view, the embodiment of a true bush pilot.And thus concludes my story telling for the day.:-beerchug Take care,

Hi Greg! Great story. Some of these guys prove the books wrong all the time and live to tell about it. They always have great stories to tell and they have to be flying in the prettiest scenery there is on the planet. So many different places to bush fly besides the mountains in the US and Canada. You also have Africa and Switzerland and New Zealand, OZ, etc. To me it's more fun to fly bush because you are closer to the detail that is in the computer. Low and slow! I was a pilot years ago and my flying was a lot closer to bush flying then it was to flying heavies at 31k feet. Mine was all GA aircraft from Ercoupes and Champs to King Airs. I do enjoy the occational jets now and them, but I like things that run on Avgas 100 or better!Don