Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rainman

PMDG 737/800-900 download troubles

Guest Rainman

Hi.Hi purchased today the PMDG update to 800-900 series, but I hade trouble (big trouble) with download.I downloaded the zip files 2 times, but both the files where corrupted.I use a 56K connection (and not flat, I've to pay the time charge), I downloaded 2 times (and payd for it the phone company) for about 1 hour (2 hours total) for....nothing.What I've to do to enjoy my upgrade?Sorry if I'm a little bit angry, but I don't like to waste my money this way.CheersAndrea R.ITALY

Andrea,Make sure that you disable eventual firewall/anti-virus software during the download. Good luck!

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest Rainman

>Andrea,>>Make sure that you disable eventual firewall/anti-virus>software during the download. Good luck!Ehm, thankyou for the suggestion, but..... i don't use any kind of firewall or antivirus.Yes, maybe dangerous, but I prefer to avoid software like firewall and antivirus, maybe usefull, but they give a lot of problem like you suggest me.Waiting for some response from PMDG (I hope)Thankyou CheersAndrea R.

Andrea,Im sorry you are feeling inconvenienced, but the quality of your internet connection is beyond the control of PMDG.Some suggestions: Try installing the latest version of winzip (WinZip 8.1 or later) prior to running the installer. Sometimes, Windows XP's integrated zip funtions are insufficient.If you continue to have difficulty, you can contact support@precisionmanuals.com for further suggestions, or contact your ISP or phone company to verify the quality of your line.Keep us posted.Best,VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Rainman

>Andrea,>>the quality of your internet connection is beyond the control of >PMDG.Hi VinWell, I know that the PMDG has no control of internet connection, but honestly I downloaded tons of zip, exe, and other files from sim related websites (my collection is about 9 Gb) without problem, even with files larger than 100 Mb (some patch for Falcon 4, i.e.)>Some suggestions: Try installing the latest version of winzip>(WinZip 8.1 or later) prior to running the installer. >Sometimes, Windows XP's integrated zip funtions are>insufficient.I use normally winzip 8.1 and winrar 3: both failedwith the word "installer" what you mean? An .exe file? Because the link I received from PMDG is for a .ZIP file.I will try (and pay) for the 3rd time, then I'll write to PMDG support.I'll let you knowCheersAndrea R.

Guest Rainman

Well, 3rd download failed again: zip file corrupted.And other money wasted.cheers

Andrea,As I said, we cannot control the quality of your internet connection.We also have no control or responsibility for your choice of internet providers and what they charge you, or whether or not you have a flat rate or an hourly one.When users have legitimate problems with downloading, corrupt zips, or similar issues, we will bend over backward to help them, as we are happy to do with you. Drop an email to support@precisionmanuals.com, explain to us what you have already tried, and we will do our best to assist you.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg