Sign in to follow this  
captdini

Thrust Rating?

hi guys,I was wondering if in a future update we can have thrust rating modelled in the airline profiles. For eg: The default thrust rating for the 800 is 26K engines. Jet Airways operate theirs in a 24K rating. Similarily, the 700 is defaulted to 24K wheras their a/c are rated to 22K. The MCDU shows the ratings which you have chosen to model. Is there any way we can get airline specific ratings without choosing a derate?Thanks,Dinshaw.

This may need more changes to the simulation than you might think. For example, you'd need new V speeds (not a problem, as long as you have the charts!) etc...Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest boxjockey99

You could just derate them in the FMC N1 limit page, select the 24K line and hey presto you get 24,000lbs of thrust instead of 26,000Kris

Guest Sunnyzsz

Is it really that easy?Kewl... lol, I wonder which other airlines takes it 'easy' on their engines?

Guest Valid_Andy

Hehe, this brings me to ask Kris a question:P anyone else feel free aswell..!At leeds bradford, do you guys take off on the highest thrust setting? Cos you lot are rotating at about half way down the runway (and it's not the longest in the world) from what I noticed when I stood on that hill to the left of rwy32. Also you guys backtracked the runway the day I was watching, I once took off from 32 in a britannia 752 and we didn't backtrack, just went straight out - Is this due to the larger power to weight ratio a 757 has on a 2 hour flight over your guys flights, or Is this down to the airline?Thanks for any answer guys, and Kris are you flying on Sunday, I think I'll be up at the BMX track on sunday so I can watch you!

Guest boxjockey99

AndyI have derated on all of my flights out of Leeds although the derate isn't quite as dramatic as the one we would get on a longer runway. The B757 has two massive RB211 engines that are grossly overpowered! The 737 with the CFM56 is overpowered but nowhere near that of the 757. As for where you rotate well that is all a numbers game, it all depends on when you hit the magic Vr speed and it just happens to be around the halfway marker!I am not sure if you are aware but 32 is horribly limiting for the 737 mainly due to the hills just off the end. We can loose over 2000kg of payload just because of low air pressure and we need engine anti-ice. As opposed to 14 which takes only 500kg of payload away!I am flying on Sunday actually, I'm on the Malaga flight at 8:30ish AM and returning at 15:05 if you fancy a laugh then thats the time to watch!

Hi Kris,Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in the last line of my post, instead of choosing the derate in the N1 page, I was requesting if possible, the Airline specific rating. This would also show on the first page of Init Ref, instead of 26K.It is also interesting to note that you have derated all your flights out of a particular airport, in this case Leeds. My friend who is a Capt on the NG's here in India says they almost never use derated thrust, but yes, reduced thrust most if not all the time.Also, he was telling me if you want to clear all the fields in all the pages of the FMC, one trick is to select the non-current database and then reselct the current database (or something like that). Voila, all fields become blank :) Maybe we could incorporate this in the FMC for turnarounds instead of having to go through all the pages deleting speeds, weights, etc. :)Cheers,Dinshaw.

"Also, he was telling me if you want to clear all the fields in all the pages of the FMC, one trick is to select the non-current database and then reselct the current database (or something like that). Voila, all fields become blank Maybe we could incorporate this in the FMC for turnarounds instead of having to go through all the pages deleting speeds, weights, etc."Interesting.... but I have the feeling this may not always be true. I've tried this on some Boeings and it doesn't always work. I usually end up doing that and pulling the FMC L&R & CDU (x2) circuit breakers for 5 minutes. It may be dependent on what aircraft type/FMC setup it is.I can understand how swapping navigation databases would affect the route entries (as waypoint/airport data may be different in a newer/older database), but why should this affect weight entries, thrust derates, V-speeds, etc?Having said that, I have updated navigation databases via floppy disk/s to find that Fuel Flow and Drag Factors have been erased :-)Cheers.Ian.

Dinshaw, Believe it or not this has been a topic of discussion in the past, where it might lead to future wise I am uncertain but would be a welcome edition....[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Valid_Andy

Hehe learn something everyday! Strange to hear about your NG capt friend Dinshaw who doesn't derate often! Also to Kris I am shocked that you guys are derating and rotating at that part of the runway, I'm normally over the other runway when I start rotating using the Vr calculated by the pmdg FMC, and thats with no derate..guess I'm heavy:P I'll have a look out for you on sunday, might even take a picture if I have the camera:9

Hi Ian,I was on a flight back with him and it was the last sector of the day or night actually. We were sitting around in the cockpit and just going through some stuff. I had put in some stuff in the FMC and that is when I asked him if after landing or shutdown do all fields disappear. This is when he told me of the "trick" and demonstrated it. All fields were blank. :) It was an -800 and I think it was the 10.5 revision.Hi Randy,That would be great if incorporated even if the other Database is "fake" heheheh. I will speak to him tomorrow and ask him the exact procedure and post it.Hi Andy,Like I said they dont derate at all, hardly ever. Yes, reduced thrust mostly all the time. I hope you are not confusing the two. Besides, the airline he flies for have opted for derated engines anyhow. The -700 is rated at 22K whereas I think the normal rating offered by the manufacturer is 24K. Similarily, the -800 is rated at 24K vis a vis 26K. Cheers,Dinshaw.

Guest Valid_Andy

Oh bugger! I have been confusing the two, all my questions were about reduced thrust, sorry guys - I understand now

Hi Ian,I confirmed it from my friend. In the IDENT page just line select the inactive database (older in most cases) and reselect the current one. It will erase ALL entries made by you in all fields. He said that the classics also had this "feature". Try it on your next flight. No pulling of CB's or anything required.Dinshaw