Sign in to follow this  
Guest woottsbj25

Weird thing on switches...

Guest woottsbj25

Hi everyone,I have had this problem in the past, but when I have reloaded flightsim it has been fine.When I put my mouse over any clickable switch, knob or anything like that on the 737-60/700, the mouse goes all weird. It sort of changes to the egg timer symbol and flashes on and off, really fast. You can't really click on the witch properly as it just disappears.Any help would be much appreciated! I have tried reinstalling the 737, but nothing happens.Regards,Tom WoottonCEO of Air be Virtual Airlineswww.airbe.tk

Guest Steven White

You can get funny behaviour if you arn't using the standard mouse icons as found in the mouse control panel so that is one thing to check.Regards,

Guest woottsbj25

Thanks, but everything is normal there!I can't understand this, it is weird.

Guest woottsbj25

Just to let you know that I have discovered that also the flap gauge doesn't work properly.

In what way does the flap gauge not work properly? If you want help you are certainly not giving us much to work with.If you want to give information to the community. Ok, noted. ;-)Cheers,EDIT: AND PLEASE SIGN EACH AND EVERY POST WITH YOUR NAME AS PER THE FORUM RULES!

Guest woottsbj25

OK - Sorry about not signing my name, I will put it as a signature now.Here is the full description of the problem:I load up a flight at any airport in any PMDG 737. When I go into the cockpit or Virtual Cockpit and put my mouse over a switch, knob, button or anything clickable the mouse goes all funny. It starts flashing really fast, and then if you keep it still on the button, it disappears after a few seconds. If you move it around opn the button, it keeps flashing really fast. You cannot click on the button.OK, now about the gauges. When I put the flaps down, the flaps gauge moves really slowly and REALLY jumps, and the 'LE flap ext.' light sort of flashes. I have not noticed any abnormality with any other gauges.Hope you can drag up some conclusion from this, and any help is much appreciated.Regards,Tom WoottonCEO of Air be Virtual Airlineswww.airbe.tk

Guest woottsbj25

TomTell us more about your setup. Do you run on two monitors perhaps? Using keys to open and close panel windows? Flying using full screen?All these above conditions can make the panel behave strange. This is probably driver related issues.Sorry I can't be of more help,

Tom, I had somehing like this, the cursor flashed very quickly and kept dissapearing when I moved it. I found the problem was the way I had set-up FSAutostart. I was killing something that I shouldn't have. Are you using a clean start? Try using Msconfig to start with only the minimum background tasks running.

Guest woottsbj25

Guest woottsbj25

Thanks for the replies...I tried it on a clean boot, but my PMDG won't even run on that, says something about can't find a sound module...Anyways, about my computer:Yes, I have 2 screens connected, but I have tried it with just one.I am not running in full screen (running in windowed) but I have tried that too.And it happens even before I open any subpanels.I have also tried all the steps in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article about how to troubleshoot display problems. Nothing worked.Do you think I should just reinstall FS?

HiIf you think you've covered everything else. Yes you may do a full reinstall of FS9. I however still thinks this has something to do with your system as a whole. Drivers, BIOS, etc.Cheers,

Guest woottsbj25

Hi, Thanks very much. I will do a reinstall tonight. However, I think I may try running it on 'safe mode' first. Just to clarify how to use safe mode:I'm using win XP. I have tried pressing F8 on boot, but it just comes up with a list of Boot Devices rather than the option to clean boot...Thanks again.