Sign in to follow this  
Guest autothrottle

Several T/D

Guest autothrottle

Hello,I've seen in several videos, (JustPlane 737 GOL & Virgin) that we can see not one but several T/D on the ND.How can we see them on the 737 PMDG ? Thanks.

Guest georg

hmm, maybe it is some sort of step descend used there? Im not sure how to make it happen in real though.

HiThese intermediate TODs can be seen on NGs without the geometric path descent. The PMDG NG is simulated with this geometric path descent included in revision U10.3. This decent profile will give a smoother descent and standardizes with the Big Boeing software as well.Hope it helps,

Guest autothrottle

Hello,Can we nevertheless see them on the ND of the 737 PMDG by modifying something ?

Guest georg

Yesterday I got to enable the T/D and E/D same time. the T/D was the point of descend start and E/D was the point where I programmed my FMC from LEGS page to be leveled at.

Guest autothrottle

Ok if I understood, it

No it's not possible to visualize them. As I said this is a software option from Boeing in the real world and is not selectable after delivery from Boeing. Or PMDG. ;-)My above post about the descent path needs some further explanation about the non-geometrical path option from Boeing. You only get intermediate T/Ds if you have hard altitude constraints programmed for some of your descent waypoints. For the first descent it will calculate with a path with idle throttles to the first intermediate level-off. After that level-off waypoint it will continue to calculate idle descents to the next level off. This will mean one part of level flight and one part of idle descent between each hard altitude constraint waypoints. Sort of jumping down the levels.The geometrical path descent (the one the PMDG NG is equipped with) on the other hand will construct a partial throttle descent path, or a straight line, between any hard altitude constraint waypoints. Except for the first descent segment from cruise altitude, where idle throttles will be use. There are of course more limitations than this. The constructed path still has to conform to the limits of VNAV path or you'll get disconnected and so on.Hope it helps

Guest Hawkeyeted

I experimented a bit with this today. I put in altitude restriction crossings at certain waypoints. Even though teh ND doesn't disply multiple "T/D" texts, You will get a series of decel points (if there are speed restrictions), and green circles that represent the next point of decent.

Hi,The green circles are for decceleration only. The descent will be a straight line from altitude at waypoint A to the next altitude at waypoint B. No descent points will be shown. Descent is partial throttle constant angle between waypoints with hard alt constraints.Chheers,