Sign in to follow this  
Guest mpauli

(Un-)usable Holding function!

Guest mpauli

HiSituation: I flew an approach today into Seattle. On the final approach I simulated a G/A out of an CMD approach at around 600 feet (the autopilot was flying the approach). The missed approach was correctly entered with a holding at the MAHP for RW34L at 5000 and 230 knots. The holding was set with the correct inbound course and turning direction. LEG DIST 7.0 miles.What happened:Everything looked fine first. Positive rate, Gear up. Flaps retraction on schedule. And than the troubles started. First of all the plane increased the speed to 315 knots. 20 seconds later a speed reduction was commanded to the programmed 230 knots at the same time the RESET MCP ALT message came up (the go around altitude was set to 5000 on the MCP). The plane crossed the holding point made a turn into a 30

Calm down man!!! I know you frustrated because you losed a hole aircraft with people in it. I just send the rescue team to find out if there some people still alive. But this is gona cost your airline much of mony. :( ......ok sorry that I was laughing with your troubles.About the problem now: I just made a flight from EDDS>LIEO>EDDS and I enter the hold to (coincidence that we both enter the hold today) because I planned for a ILS app. for RWY 07 but the ATIS give me the ILS25. So I went to the Hold to setup the ILS25 approach and everything went fine.As I always say, make a clean install of your PMDG.Hope it works.PS. We found no survivors, I'm sorry. :)

Guest Chief Wiggum

Sorry to ask here, but what do you have to do to make the plane go-around using the autopilot?

press the TO/GA swith (upper left screw on the MCP panel).If you are in a autoland (both APs switch on) then it does everything on her own, you have to retract flaps to 15 then the gear up and then retract the rest of the flaps on schedule. Switch in LNAV and the aircraft fly's the Missed approach route. If you are in Single CH. you have to follow the FD bars. I suggest you make a few test flights with the NG and practice this procedure for a few times.

Guest Chief Wiggum

Thanks, RamonAfter completing the missed approach procedure, we just load the STAR and fly it again?Thanks,

Martin,I can confirm some strange behaviour regarding this hold. It sure does some weird things but will end up in the holding pattern after some flying around. ;-)Will submit a report to the development team about it.Cheers,

Guest mpauli

Thank you Mats and RamonRamon brought it to the point quite well. I've certainly overreacted a bit! ;-)It's not that I have anything against PMDG or the 737. I was just frustrated after a 90 minutes flight without any problems and than this. But I have recovered now!!! :-lolThanks for submitting my report and thanks Ramon for the "psychological support" in this "terrible accident"! :(CheersMartin