Sign in to follow this  
Guest rgeorgiou

Inputting Bearing 136, 16nm from POL VOR FIX into the F...

Guest rgeorgiou

Hi PMDG and Forum people...I've been trying to work out how to enter a fix that is a relation to another point...For example... 16nm from POL VOR bearing 136... How would I go about entering this into the FMS??The reason I'd like to do this is because there are only so many SID's and STAR's that are in the NAVDATA so I'd like to add my own SID and STAR fixes on the fly...Thanks in advanceRichard

Guest Nexus82

POL136/16 would be my answer.Hope it works (it should do)However I have another problem. I can't create Along Track waypoints, like POL/5. FMC just says "invalid entry" =/Comments gents?

Guest rgeorgiou

Thanks for fast response Nexus... I'll give it a try...CheersRichard

Hi,You have to insert either a + or a - before the distance, ex POL/+5. + signifies beyond the waypoint while a

Guest Nexus82

Thanks for the reply Per, but that didn't work either, and besides if you leave out the + or -, FMC automaticly assumes a positive value.this is very funny, because it worked before the 737-800/900 update:-)

>Hi,>>You have to insert either a + or a - before the distance, ex>POL/+5. + signifies beyond the waypoint while a

>POL136/16 would be my answer.>Hope it works (it should do)>>However I have another problem. I can't create Along Track>waypoints, like POL/5. FMC just says "invalid entry" =/>>Comments gents?>>Make sure you line select the waypoint you want to create a Along Track Waypoint from and bring it down to the scratch pad, POL, then add /5, and now you have POL/5, line select the reference waypoint again, exec, and you should get a new waypoint.Floyd

Guest Nexus82

Haha =)I feel so stupid...it didn't work because I did not put it on the host waypoint line. :-roll Thanks for the replies anyways*ashamed*