Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcritz

Is there a way to make the FMC do...

In order to explain my question in the fewest words, I need to use an example.Take a sample flight from KMHT to KALB with the following route:KMHT MHT V490 CAM KALBThis is not unusual for how you'd be cleared. Then, in actual practice, departing off of runway 35, you'd be given a clearance similar to ", fly heading 230 join V490". On the Honeywell NZ5.2 FMC software we have in the Challenger, I'd press the LSK next to MHT and then press LSK1 to "make MHT the 'from' waypoint" while still in HDG mode. I could then arm LNAV and the FGC would command flying heading 230 until it intercepted V490.Is there a way to do this on the 737 FMC? I'm stumped looking for it.Thanks,cz

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

if you mean intercepting a radial to a waypoint that you put in next to LSK 1L to give it a Direct route, of course just enter the TRK that you want to fly to the active waypoint in LSK 6R.Thats it.

Hi Ricahrd,You're on the right track, its just that the FMC in the PMDG 737 only supports TO waypoints (atleast thats the case with the 600/700 - not sure if this has changed for 800/900). So you would press the LSK next to CAM (or a suitable "ahead" intermediate waypoint which copies it to the scratchpad then LSK1 to transfer it. The right LSK6 will show the intercept angle to the course. Select LSK6 on the right and then EXEC it. The path will update on the ND.Hope this helps. I think its just the fact that you cant use "FROM" waypoints which is causing confusion.One final point, your current heading must intercept the intended "route" if you accept the default course at LSK6.Oh then hit LNAV :)CheersSimon Rigby

I knew it had to be there since both FMSes are Honeywell products!Thanks, guys.

Actually Richard,I think the 737NG FMC is a Smith's one. Honeywells are installed on the big boeings though.Cheers,