Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcritz

pretakeoff cockpit setup Q for the real 73 drivers

Guest rcritz

I know I've seen this written somewhere but am having no luck finding it at the moment. When you're setting up the cockpit pretakeoff, do you set the MCP speed bug to V2 or V2+15.My tendency is to set V2 since that's what we do on the Challenger but I have this nagging voice in the back of my head that says the 73 is supposed to be set for V2+15. If that nagging voice is correct, then that raises a second question: What's the correct airspeed for second segment climb after an engine failure?Thanks,cz

Hi Richard,Not a real world 37 driver but a maintainer here. Set your MCP speed for the calculated V2. The flight director will command pitch for V2+20 automatically. Once the auto pilot is engaged the MCP will add 20 to the V2 speed entered and indicate V2+20 or, for that matter, any speed +20 that is entered in the MCP on the bug.The following is directly from the AOM in regards to engine failure after V-1:Maintain V2 to V2+ 20 until reaching 800 feet or published obstacle clearancealtitude, then decrease pitch attitude to maintain slight climb or level flight.

Guest ba747heavy

V2 on the MCP, and after t/o the FD bars will command V@ + 20. When you select a pitch mode, then the MCP speed will be adjust to V2 + 20.EDIT: John you beat me to it!

>I know I've seen this written somewhere but am having no luck>finding it at the moment. When you're setting up the cockpit>pretakeoff, do you set the MCP speed bug to V2 or V2+15.>>My tendency is to set V2 since that's what we do on the>Challenger but I have this nagging voice in the back of my>head that says the 73 is supposed to be set for V2+15. If>that nagging voice is correct, then that raises a second>question: What's the correct airspeed for second segment>climb after an engine failure?>>Thanks,>czcz,Always set the MCP Speed window to V2. AFDS (Autopilot Flight Director System) in TO/GA for takeoff the flight director commands V2 + 20 as target until another pitch mode is selected.There is a White V2 + 15 airspeed bug displayed for takeoff. At V2 + 15 a maximum bank angle of 30 degrees is permitted with takoff flaps. Limit bank angle to 15 degrees until reaching V2+15.After an engine failure the AFDS commands a minimum of V2, or the existing speed up to a maximum of V2 + 20.Floyd